Forgotten- Florence

You're Scarlett's daughter, you're 19 in this.

You and your Mom used to be really close, and then Rose was born and she slowly started to push you aside, and then Cosmo was born and it was like she completely forgot about.

When you were younger, your Mom was everything to you, and you were everything to her. You spent everyday together, you used to fall asleep in her bed in her arms every night, but that stopped when Rose came along. You remember one night when Rose was 2, you had a nightmare so you went into your Mom's room to sleep there, but when you tried to get into bed, you hadn't seen Rose and you almost laid on her. Your Mom shouted at you and told you to get out. Ever since then, you haven't dared go in her room at night.

Your birthdays were the only days that your Mom paid any attention to you, but then Cosmo was born on your birthday. You understood the year he was born that no one celebrated your birthday, but what hurt more was the next year, when you woke up and realised they had forgotten all about you.

It was the morning of your 19th birthday and you woke up to the sound of laughter coming from downstairs. You went for a quick shower and brushed your teeth before getting dressed and making your way down stairs.

Your Mom always made a big deal out of decorating the house with balloons and banners on birthdays, so you were expecting it- you just weren't expecting to only seen banners and balloons for Cosmo.

You frown, thinking she didn't have enough space for yours, so you shrug it off and go into the kitchen.

"Morning." You greet your family, barely getting a response.

Colin smiles at you and ruffles your hair as he walks by. You bend down to kiss Cosmos cheek.

"Happy birthday, little man." You whisper.

"You're just in time, we're about to open Cosmos presents." Your Mom tells you.

"Oh." You try to cover up your hurt.

She forgot.

"What is it now? How are you gonna make today about you, Y/N?" Your Mom asks angrily.

You shake your head. "Nothing's wrong. Sorry. Um, is there any breakfast left over?"

"You're 18, you can make your own breakfast." Your Mom huffs.

"19 today, but you wouldn't know that." You mumble so she can't hear.

"What was that?" She asks sternly.

"I didn't say anything." You reply and move to make yourself a coffee.

"I put that pot on for Colin and I, Y/N." Your Mom says as you go to pour the coffee.

You clench your jaw tightly and set it down. "Sorry." You grit out.

"It's okay, hon, I'll just make another pot." Colin tells his wife.

"No, it's fine, Colin." You sigh and put your mug back. "I'll run to Starbucks later."

You go walk out of the room but Scarlett stops you.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"To my room." You reply.

"Cosmo is about to open his gifts." She scolds.

"He's 1, he doesn't understand what's happening. I'll catch it next year." You say sarcastically.

"Watch your tone with me, Y/N. I am your goddamn mother!" She shouts.

You fall silent, biting back the remark you want to say. "I'm sorry."