||𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝||

pairings : steven grant x (platonic)reader, marc spector x (platonic) reader, khonshu x (platonic)reader, jake lockley x (platonic)reader

TW : medicine (pills), spidey stuff, mentions of violence, language, nightmares, memory banks, asylums, heavy mentions of child abuse, the usual, let me know if i missed anything.

~~~

you were feeling way better than you did yesterday.

last night, casper had to go home to your disappointment. marc did eventually catch you though and threatened to throw you off the roof, which resulted in you jumping off and sticking to the wall, effectively scaring the life out of him.

everyone else got a laugh out of it though.

and now you were getting home from work, unlocking and opening the door to see all three of your dads, still in separate bodies, arguing about something.

you just rolled your eyes and shut the door behind you, locking it and tossing your bag down so you can take off your shoes.

once you did so, steven walked past you into the kitchen, tensely putting a kettle on the stove after filling it with water.

you sigh slowly and walk towards him, deciding to just stand next to him until he felt like talking.

which wasn't long at all.

"those two are driving me up the wall" he starts, relaxing a bit. "cant agree on anything, and it's worse now that they can physically fight" he runs a hand down his face.

you give him a small smile.

"and it's because for some reason we can't figure anything out while you're gone" he rolls his eyes at himself.

you raise an eyebrow at that. "cant even decide what to put on the telly, that's what they're arguing about" he gestures off to the living room, where marc and jake are still in some kind of debate.

"anyways how was your day? do you need any pain medicine? what about some tea?" he asks and you smile at him.

"i need you to take a break" you confess. "you do too much for me" you finish, making steven scoff.

"you're very funny, i'll get you some tea" he says, but you stop him.

"it's okay. go take a break i'll handle dumb and dumber" you smile at him and he relaxes completely.

"are you sure?" he asks and you nod.

"just one thing though" he moves forward to hug you tightly, you reciprocating it almost instantly.

he lets go to press a light kiss to your forehead before getting himself some tea.

"you can stay in my room and read so you can have some time away from them" you tell steven.

"well- you can go in there anyways it's your house" you wave your hand around.

steven smiles at you and picks up one of his books from off the counter.

"correction- it's our home. and thank you" he tells you heading off to finally relax a bit on his own.

steven ended up sitting on your windowsill, it was fairly wide so you could fit some cushions and pillows on it, and the string lights hung perfectly above it, giving it a very calming atmosphere.

you turned to jake and marc who were making faces at each other, and walked into the living room to pick up two throw pillows and chuck them both at their faces.

they couldn't dodge them, since they were too engaged in their weird staring contest.

"what is your problem?" you ask between them and they both start talking at the same time.