||𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚎?||

pairings : steven grant x (platonic)reader, marc spector x (platonic) reader, khonshu x (platonic)reader, jake lockley x (platonic)reader

TW : medicine (pills), spidey stuff, mentions of violence, surgery, wisdom teeth stuff, needles, like two mentions of weed, dentist stuff, let me know if i missed anything

~~~

you fell asleep on laylas shoulder halfway back home.

which meant that marc had to carry you back inside, while you just lied there and let it happen.

you see, you weren't actually asleep. you just didn't want to actually get up.

plus you were tired from trying to swim earlier, so it's really not your fault.

layla had to unlock the door, since marc's arms were obviously busy.

layla held the door open for marc as he walked in, and moved to set you down on the couch.

to that, you opened your eyes to look up at marc, making him jump.

"jesus- wait were you awake this whole time?" he asks and you shrug.

"irrelevant" you say, marc giving you a look.

"so you were awake the whole time i carried you from the car?" he asks and you chuckle while nodding.

he shakes his head and turns around to go unpack the little bags you brought, when you feel a sharp pain in your mouth again.

you bring a hand up to your jaw and make a face, steven noticing from the mirror on the coffee table.

"are you alright?" he starts. "it's the toothache, right?" he asks and you nod.

"well i have a simple solution" he says and you perk up, leaning closer to the mirror so that you don't miss anything.

"what is it?" you question.

"you go to the dentist, and they find the problem" he shrugs and you groan.

"i'm not going to a dentist" you tell him, and he scoffs.

"well obviously you need to, when was the last time you were at a dentist anyways?" he asks and you purse your lips.

it's silent for a moment before he sighs.

"if you don't go i'll make you" he tells you and you glare at him.

"no you can't"

"uhm actually i can" he starts and you raise an eyebrow.

"since we are now your legal guardians, we have every right to force you to go to the dentist to make sure you're healthy" he says and your lips part in shock.

"but that wasn't on the paper" you whine, and you hear jake chuckle.

"it'll be quick, let's just set an appointment and get over it" he requests and you begrudgingly nod.

"fine just- you suck" you lean back on the couch and cross your arms.

"thank you" steven murmurs, making you turn back to him.

"..what?"

"thank you for letting us make you take care of yourself" he elaborates and you snort.

"yeah yeah, whatever"

~~~

it was the day.

you were going to the dentist.

it had been a week since you all talked about it, and after marc and layla came over that day, they both agreed that you should go too.

you were fidgeting with your fingers nervously in the passenger seat, while marc drives.