||𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚍||

pairings : steven grant x (platonic)reader, marc spector x (platonic) reader, khonshu x (platonic)reader, jake lockley x (platonic)reader

TW : medicine (pills), language, mentions of throwing up, violence, jake and marc being mean to each other, steven being confused the whole time. let me know if i missed anything

~~~

it was the three days promised that you would stay home and get better, and of course marc kept his part of the deal and let you go to work even though you had a minor headache.

nothing a tylenol couldn't fix.

you were finally done and on your way home, ready to collapse on your couch and force steven and marc to binge your favorite show with you.

you meet khonshu at the elevator as usual, pressing your button and waiting for your floor when khonshu nudges your shoulder with his beak.

you look to him confused "what?" you ask him.

"i did something" he answers and you nod, waiting for him to elaborate. "i poisoned the worm" your mouth opens but no words come out.

"you killed him?!" your voice goes up a pitch and khonshu shakes his head to stop you from panicking.

"no no no, not 'kill' poison, just trick poison. i wanted to turn him into an actual worm" khonshu informs you, and you deadpan at him.

"that's even dumber. i'm still going to fuck you up" you roll your sleeves up, and khonshu backs up as the elevator dings.

"no you are not, besides i.. i made a mistake." khonshu admits, following you out of the elevator.

"yeah? so why are you coming to me?" you ask, genuinely curious as you fish your key out of your pocket.

"he drank the wrong poison. i put the wrong poison in his stupid tea and i cant remember which one it was" he tells you and you push your door closed once your back inside.

"so is he gonna be okay?" you ask him and he shrugs. "i have a mission for you." khonshu starts.

you blankly stare at the bird man, waiting for him to continue.

"you figure out the side effects, and then i find a reverse for it" he tells you and you glare at him.

"well maybe you just shouldn't put poison in stevens tea, bone head" you insult him.

"that was personal"

"whatever. fine, but you owe me" you tell khonshu, and he nods before disappearing.

you sigh and trudge to your room to change out of your uniform.

it wasn't anything too fancy, just the same black pants and light blue dress shirt.

with a stupid little dark blue clip on tie that natalie made you wear.

casper came into the cafe once when you were working and made fun of you, all in good fun of course.

you just made fun of him right back.

his stupid smile and his dumb face.

you had changed into more comfortable clothes and grabbed your phone before heading over to marc and stevens.

you were worried you wouldn't get there in time- since khonshu doesn't know when the poisons side effects would start.

unlocking the door, you see steven looking through a couple books at his kitchen table.

he looks over to you "oh hey y/n, how was work?" he wonders, looking back at his books.

"it was good" you answer, and go to sit on an open spot on the table.