||𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚜||

steven woke up alone again.

his exact thoughts were, 'what now?'.

you happened to be looking for your medicine in the cabinets.

jake ended up fronting when he came in the kitchen, taking one of his hats he had on the counter and putting it on.

"you're never up early, what's on your mind, princesa?" he asks you and you turn around.

"oh uhhhhh.." you try to come up with something, phone in hand.

"who are you texting?" jake asks, seeing the messaging screen on your phone.

"my guy in the chair" you say calmly and slip your phone into the pocket of stevens sweater than you're still wearing.

"why? are you going on a date with him?" he teases and you groan.

"literally shut up" you feel your face heat up as you bring up the hood of the sweater and pull on the strings, making it so that the tip of your nose the only thing visible.

jake chuckles and comes over so that he's standing right in front of you.

he pulls the hood down, the strings going back in the hood when he does.

you're glaring at him when your phone buzzes again, making him smirk at you.

"no but for real, what are you talking about?" he asks and you sigh.

"he uh.. he's inviting me to get coffee again with him tomorrow" you wave him off and he snickers at your answer.

"again?" marc speaks up and you nod.

"yesterday before i came here we got coffee"

"and was that before or after you kissed?" steven asks and you groan again.

the three of them laugh at your misery. like the jerks they are.

"yeah, laugh it up" you say sarcastically, still looking for your medication.

"it's in the bathroom" jake pats your shoulder and you make your way to the bathroom like he said, and snatching your bag of pills off the counter.

you bring them out with you and take two pills out, and swallowing them dry out of habit.

jake makes eye contact with you after that and glares.

"..what?" you ask, sticking your pills in one of the cabinets.

"you forgot something" he says and your brain clicks into realization.

"i forgot water" you say to yourself, and jake nods obnoxiously.

"and what did you say you'd do when you forgot?" he asks rhetorically, gesturing for you to answer.

you do so reluctantly. "i give back one of your hats" you mumble and he nods.

"right. now go get me the one out of your bag" he tells you and you groan.

"nooo but the one in my bag is my favorite"

"i don't care, you'll get it back when you take your pills with water" he reassures you and you angrily find your bag, open it, and chuck the hat at jake, not caring if he caught it or not.

"see, was it that hard?" he asks sarcastically and you flip him off.

"yes, it was like parting with my child" you put a hand to your heart and stare at the ceiling.

you hear jake scoff and toss the hat on the counter.

"where'd you even get so many?" you ask, suddenly curious about the man's many hats.