||𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗𝚝 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚢||

synopsis : in which a schizophrenic teenager could see a certain god

takes place after the Marvel series Moon Knight, may have spoilers?

pairings : steven grant x (platonic)reader, marc spector x (platonic)reader, khonshu x (platonic)reader

i will be using she/her pronouns

~~~

A/N : this is all over the place btw, also fun fact, i have schizophrenia so that's kind of what motivated me in writing this. i'm going off of what i experience. pls enjoy <3

TW : mental disorders, child abandonment, language, fighting(?) let me know if i missed anything.

~~~

some would say its freaky,

others would say its like a superpower, like seeing ghosts is cool right?

you would say its a bit of both

you had schizophrenia, a mental disorder you have had for the past couple years, causing you to have hallucinations such as seeing shadows nobody else can, or fire where theres not fire, and that had absolutely nothing to do with ghosts, and you were labeled delusional by many peers.

you didn't take offense to it, because you were delusional. in fact your disorganized thinking has gotten you in trouble.

not because you're stupid, no, but because of others at your school making fun of you for it, you think its ok to beat them up for it.

which only fueled it. it caused others happiness to see you in trouble.

it also causes you to get suspended a lot.

such as now.

you were heading up to your apartment that you stayed in alone, since your parents dumped you in the street when you were young, and going through too many foster homes was a pain so you chose to just get your own place to call a home.

you just worked at an average paying coffee shop near your school, which you had to walk to.

you could either pay rent on time or get a car, so you thought that some cardio each morning and evening wouldn't be too bad.

you got into the elevator and saw another... man.. as well. he was in a bird costume and he was staring- or you thought he was staring at you.

"'scuse me." you move your arm past the extremely tall man to press your floors button. the bird man looked down at you with its creepy mask, and you tried to ignore it until it touched your shoulder and gasped.

you jumped and stepped away from him, thinking he was just a weirdo messing with you.

you could sense the guy staring at you so you turned your head to him. "you need something?" you ask him, to which he shakes his head slowly.

you nod and look away, but turning back when you see that nothing was attaching his head to his body, also now noticing the huge scary stick with a cresent moon on it.

your eyes widen and your breath hitches, as soon as the elevator hit your floor, you get off and speed walk to your apartment. unlocking the door took 4 tries, but that's only because you just saw some sort of demon.

your breath quickens as you finally open the door and slam it shut behind you and lock it.

you lean back against the door and listen for anything, and after a couple minutes of that, you got up and threw your bag on the couch and took of your shoes.