A Tempting Offer

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I've never seen you here before. Where have you been hiding?" The man said, flirtatiously, and (y/n) could smell the whiskey on his breath. "Around." (Y/n) replied, plainly, as she makes her way around the guy. "Well...I saw you come in earlier with all them kids by yourself, that's alot for a momma to deal with. Seems like they need a daddy." The man said as he follows her while she gathers up some plates.

"They already have a father, thank you." (Y/n) said, not looking at him, as she continues on with her job. "Can't be a good man if he's leaving you with three kids on your own then." The man said as he walks up next to (y/n), who stops and stares at him. "If I was him, I'd never leave your side, darlin'." He continues while (y/n) gives him a disgusted look.

"Look, maybe you and me could meet up later tonight? I can show you a good time." He said. "Sir, I'm spoken for with the father of my children and he treats them right." She said, firmly, then she leans closer to the man and whispers. "He also satisfies me in bed." Then she pulls away from him and was about to walk away but the man smacks the tray of dishes out of her hands then grabs her arm.

"You listen here, you little bitch!" The man growls but then another voice shouts out. "Hey!" Then the man was pulled away and (y/n) saw a familiar face standing by her side as he glares at the man.

"Bartholomew, you apologize to this lady, right now!" He said. "Why the hell do you care, Oliver?!" Bartholomew asked Oliver, angrily. "This lady is a cousin of mine, so unless you wanna keep your job, Bartholomew, I suggest you apologize to her." Oliver said, firmly, and Bartholomew looks a bit taken aback by this. "Sorry, Oliver, didn't know she was a relative." He said then he turns to (y/n).

"Ma'am, please accept my apologies." He said and (y/n) nods, reluctantly, at him. "It's okay." She mutters and Bartholomew nods then walks away. Oliver glares after him and looks around the room and the people turn back to what they were doing then Oliver relaxes as he turns to (y/n). "You okay, (y/n)?" He asked her, worried. "Yeah...thank you, Oliver." She said, appreciatively.

“No problem.” He says. "Who was he?" (Y/n) asked. "Oh, just a guy who works for me. He's a fool but...he is a good worker." Oliver said then he looks at her with a curious and confused gaze. “Anyways, what are you doing here?" Oliver asked her as he takes her aside where there wouldn't be anyone to overhear their conversation. "You're still not with that gang, are you?" He asked her, concerned. "No...that gang is done. Everything went south sometime after our last meeting and everyone just left." (Y/n) replied.

"So you still with that feller? Mr Morgan, I believe." Oliver asked and (y/n) nods. "He's out doing jobs, we're trying to save money to get a home for our family." She replied. Oliver nodded with understanding, looking at her sympathetically “I’m sorry to hear. Is there anything I can do to help?” he asks her.

"No...we got it, Oliver. I don't want to give you some trouble." (Y/n) said, shaking her head. "No, no trouble at all. I still owe you for what you did for me with my father. Also, I feel like I should make up for not being there for Annebeth." Oliver said and (y/n) gives him a look. "Oliver...." she said, softly, then they hear footsteps and they look over to see Arthur walking in.

He turns and smiles when he sees (y/n) but it disappears when he sees Oliver next to her. "What the hell's going on?" Arthur asked as he walks up to them. "Oliver just saved me from a drunk bastard." (Y/n) said as Arthur eyes Oliver before he turns to (y/n) and walks over to her and places his hands on her shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked her and she nods. "(Y/n), here tells me that you are looking for a home." Oliver said and Arthur looks at him. "And what concern is that of yours?" Arthur asked while (y/n) looks down at the broken dishes on the floor. "I'll let you gentlemen talk it over. I gotta get back to work." (Y/n) said and she goes to clean up the mess Bartholomew made and Oliver gestures to an empty table.