The Gilded Cage

The next few days, everything started to slowly go back to normal with the gang. It also didn't take them long for some of the members go out on jobs, especially Arthur. (Y/n) stayed at camp a little bit more as she wanted to be around her daughter. Annebeth being kidnapped had scared (y/n) to death that she was scared to leave her alone and the doubt of staying with the gang was starting to pop up in her mind.

She hated thinking that as she felt that leaving the gang would be a betrayal to Dutch, Hosea and especially to Arthur. If it wasn't for them, she and her daughter would be dead. Plus she cared and loved most of the gang members, minus Micah and Molly, and she didn't want to disappoint them.

She is forever grateful for all they’ve done for them; even owes them her life. (Y/n) had bonded with most in the group, going as far as calling them her friends; her family. Even Annabeth had warmed her way into their hearts, which she was happy to see the smile she loves so much, lighting up their spirits.

Annabeth loves them as much as she does. The last thing she wanted was to leave the group without sounding selfish.

And Arthur, oh Arthur…he’d be devastated if he found out. Now thinking about him leaves a churning feeling in her stomach. She leans against the wall outside of Shady Belle and closed her eyes, trying to hold back the nausea she feels coming. But a powerful wave of nausea comes up and she doubles over and vomits.

Minutes later, after she finished puking, she sits by the campfire and sips her cup of coffee. "Hey (y/n)." Mary-Beth greets as she walks up to (y/n). "Mary-Beth." (Y/n) greets back. "You alright? You look a little pale." Mary-Beth points out. "Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I'm just feeling under the weather..." (y/n) and Mary-Beth gives her a worried look. 

"Do you need a rest?" She asked the older woman. (Y/n) shakes her head. "Nah, I'll be fine. Although, I want to know what the hell Pearson put in the stew..." (y/n) said, her nose scrunched up in disgust. "What do you mean?" Mary-Beth asked. "I don't know...the stew just doesn't smell the same." (Y/n) said and Mary-Beth furrows her brow.

"(Y/n), he makes the stew the same way everyday." She said. "You sure?" (Y/n) asked and Mary-Beth let's out a soft laugh then places a hand on (y/n)'s forehead. "You sure you're okay?" She asked and (y/n) sighs. "I don't know...maybe I'm just going crazy." She said and Mary-Beth chuckles a bit.

"Or could be some sort've sickness going around." Mary-Beth said. "Maybe." (Y/n) said, shrugging, and she goes to sip her coffee. "So...I wanted to ask you, have you seen Kieran?" Mary-Beth asked and (y/n) thinks for a moment.

Come to think of it, the last time (y/n) saw Kieran was the night of the celebration for the safe return of Jack and Annebeth. Since then, she hadn't really seen him around the camp, which was pretty odd. "No, not since the night of the party." (Y/n) said and Mary-Beth had a worried look on her face.

"I'm really worried about him. Everyone says that they haven't seen him either." She said and (y/n) gives her a sympathetic smile and places a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure he'll turn up soon." She said and Mary-Beth looks down then nods, slightly. "I sure hope so." Mary-Beth said. She lets out a sigh then goes to stand up. "Well, I hope you get to feeling better!" She said and walks away as (y/n) takes a sip of her coffee.

Meanwhile, Arthur had been out doing jobs and gather up some money as usual. But as he did this, he started to think about the recent events and a thought he never thought he'd think comes up in his mind. Maybe the gang isn't as safe as I thought. He couldn't believe he was thinking that but ever since Annebeth's kidnapping, he was worried and scared for her safety.

Once this thought came up, he started to think that maybe after they collect enough money, he could get Annebeth and (y/n) out of this and maybe start a life together. This idea kept growing and growing with each day passing and he decided that maybe he should talk to (y/n) about it.