40. 🍋A Night To Remember🍋

3rd Person POV
_________________________

The Survey Corps hurry to finish their preparations in order to retake Wall Maria, perfecting Eren's titan hardening ability day by day and practicing the use of a very special piece of anti-titan equipment that's been created.

But there came another. One more item that would shape their fate.

The door leading into the room is shut as a large and burly man walks towards the small circular table in the middle, surrounded by Pixis, Erwin, Hange, and Y/N

The door leading into the room is shut as a large and burly man walks towards the small circular table in the middle, surrounded by Pixis, Erwin, Hange, and Y/N. Levi, on the other hand, stands closer to the curtained window, hands inside of her pockets.

Zachary: "Sorry I'm late."

After apologizing for his tardiness, despite no one complaining, Zachary walks over to the group before taking his place in the chair next to the table and syringe case.

Zachary: "Well? Have we discovered what's in the container?"

Hange: "The thing is.......With our technology, we can't dig much deeper. Like we've heard from Eren and Historia, it seems to originate from some sort of human bodily fluid. However, it evaporates when exposed to air, making analysis difficult."

The grey haired scout lightly hums before peering into the container and observing its clear contents.

Y/N: "Looks like the vial is only half-filled. Did we really use that much?"

Hange: "Unfortunately so. It seems that whoever made it must have had technology far superior to ours. If it was the Reiss family, I couldn't imagine how........."

Pixis: "In that case, instead of tampering with it any further, we should use it to achieve our current objective."

Zachary: "But who do we entrust it to? Erwin, to you?"

Erwin: "No.......I believe that it would be better if it was in the hands of our strongest fighters, who have the best odds of survival. So, it boils down to Y/N or Levi."

The blonde commander turns towards the two, as they both give each other quick glances.

Erwin: "Would either one of you keep it?"

Levi: "If it's an order, just say so. Why even ask such a question in the first place?"

He doesn't answer immediately, instead shifting his gaze towards the container again and gaining a slight glare.

Erwin: "We can't predict in what situation we'll have to use this. We'll be relying on one of you to make a decision on the fly. Judging when and who to use it on, the choice will be yours. It's between you two to decide who holds it."

Levi and Y/N stare into Erwin's eyes, with the commander keeping both of them in his sight, as a small silence sets in. Though, it's immediately broken when Y/N opens his mouth.