33. Expertise

A/N: Trigger Warnings for Torture to the eyes.

________________________

3rd Person POV
________________________

Drip...........Drip........Drip..........Drip……

Inside a certain room and through a small hole in the ceiling, drops of water fall into the run-down chamber and start to form a small puddle. The isolated and dimly lit room echoes this same sound numerous times, which is enough to wake someone up.

Bounded to a wooden chair, Deltoff starts to stir awake, fluttering his eyes open. His brown irises first observe that his hands and feet have been harshly tied down, eliminating any chances of him escaping.

Secondly, he spots the man he previously was with, Roderich, on the other side of the room and against the wall. He seems to be unconscious and strapped down, as well.

Lastly, a small wooden table lies between the two, with nothing but dust and grime sitting atop.

Deltoff quickly realizes his current predicament and panic starts to encroach upon his heart, albeit, slowly but surely.

In a futile attempt to escape, he struggles against his bindings but to no avail, since it seems that the more he struggles, the more the ropes tighten.

Having no other choice, he attempts to bring his associate back to consciousness.

Deltoff: "Hey, Roderich! Wake up!"

He receives no response which forces him to keep his efforts going.

Deltoff: "Roderich, wake up! Wake up right now!"

Due to all of the shouting and his name being thrown around and about, the church pastor is knocked out of unconsciousness and is met with the same scene as Deltoff was.

Noticing the distress on his accomplice's face and the secluded environment, he can't help but grow panicked as well.

Roderich: "Deltoff!?! What on earth is going on here?"

Deltoff: "I don't know.......but by the looks of it, they've managed to kidnap us........"

The events of the previous night starts to flow inside of the pastor's head and he quickly understands what's going to happen.

Deltoff: "They want answers from us. Remember the oath that you made and don't say-"

His sentence is cut off due to the nearby door swinging open. Stepping inside, an aged male observes the two captives looking at him and he gains a look of content.

Sparrow: "Oh, good. You're both awake. That means we can get started."

From behind him, Y/N walks inside and appears to be holding some sort of bag over his shoulder. Moving forward, he places the rucksack upon the wooden table in the middle of the room and takes out a small notebook before stepping away.

He leans against the wall next to the door before opening the notebook up and reading it's contents. In the meantime, Sparrow walks over to the table and opens the bag before picking out a pair of gloves and wearing them. All the while, Deltoff and Reidorich look on with seething anger and arrogance.

Roderich: "You're a fool if you believe that we would betray the king! You will pay dearly for all the blood that you've spilled."

Sparrow: "Hmm. Is that how it is? Well, in that case, let's skip asking which option you'd pick and start with the torture."