16. New Friends, Newer Enemies

A/N: It's time for more death!

____________________

3rd Person POV
____________________

Gathered in the Karanes District of Wall Rose alongside a massive crowd, the Survey Corps stands, ready to embark on another expedition.

However, instead of fear and dread, the soldiers' souls are filled with determination and their mortal vessels are brimming with morale due to the presence of a certain cadet with a special ability, that being Eren Jaeger.

Be that as it may, Eren doesn't seem to believe in himself as much as others do and appears quite nervous, with the fact that many people are counting on him to act when he needs to, not helping in the slightest. Sure, he had gained a solid grip on his titan form over the past few weeks but self doubt still plagues the shifter's mind.

As Eren keeps thinking about what could happen on the soon-to-take-place excursion, conjuring up all manner of vile and horrific imagery, his thoughts are cut off by the deep voice of his captain.

Y/N: "Eren, you alright? You look stressed."

Eren: "H-Huh? Oh, I'm fine, captain. But, I can't help but wonder if I can do this. I mean, so many people are depending upon me to not make a mistake."

Y/N lets out a sigh before looking towards Eren again, not with an agitated expression but rather, an understanding one.

Y/N: "Look, it's natural to be scared. I'm sure your fellow colleagues are even more terrified than you. Regardless, remember this. All you have to do is what you believe to be the right choice. Other than that, just stick to your training and hope that your friends do too, so you all can get through this. Besides, you have the best titan slayers of the time protecting you."

Eren faces Y/N with a determined look on his face before nodding.

Eren: "I'll do my best, sir."

Y/N: "That's all I ask of you. Now, get ready. We're about to leave."

Turning towards the closed gate before him, Eren glares whilst lightly gripping onto his horse's reins, ready to commit himself to perform whatever must be done in the savage lands that lie beyond Wall Rose.

Eren: 'I won't let you guys down, and I won't let the L/N squad down. I trust you all, Captain L/N, Corporal Levi, Petra, Oluo, Eld, Gunther. I'll do what you people want from me!'

The district bells start tolling and the Survey Corps prepare to depart from the Walls, once more. At the same time, precautions are being taken place so as not to have a massacre take place the second that the formation exits through the Karanes District Outer Gate.

"We've driven away all the titans from the area! Thirty seconds until we open the gate!"

Eren looks towards the gate in anticipation until he hears a gasp from his left side. When he turns to the source of the sound, he is surprised to find two kids, around the age of ten, looking at the scouts in amazement and awe.

"It's the Survey Corps!"

"They call the emblem on their backs 'The Wings Of Freedom.'"

"So cool............."