39. Bystander

_________________________

3rd Person POV
_________________________

2 Months Later

Following Historia's coronation as the new ruler of the Walls, there didn't seem to be any shortage of initiatives or projects started by the new ruling party.

Those include one of the reasons why Historia agreed to take up the position of Queen in the first place, and that is to provide food, shelter and all the basic necessities that come along with those things to the orphaned children and needy within the walls. It didn't matter where they came from, since her aid stretched from the underground district to the edge of the Walls.

Because of this, Levi supported Historia's aim, having lost her own mother and suffered through the underground as well. It couldn't help but put a smile on the face of a certain Captain, witnessing how dedicated his partner was to ensure the success of this plan.

And whilst it may have been a far cry from the life of normalcy that Historia sought, this is what she wants to do. To help those who truly need it, no matter when or where.

It appears that a part of her still acts like a goddess that the 104th remembers her as. Although now, this same sentiment is being shared by the general populace who have taken to referring to their own Queen as the Cattle-Farming Goddess.

That one certainly got a laugh out of Y/N.

Speaking of which, life finally seems to have taken a better turn for the renowned Captain of the Survey Corps.

His wounds had healed up quite nicely and was finally able to use the full extent of his right hand. Furthermore, after being kidnapped for God knows how long, he now genuinely seemed to enjoy the company of his close friends, that being Erwin, Hange..........

And of course, Levi.

Just the mere mention of the Corporal seems to cause butterflies to build up inside of the tall, ash-haired male and with good reason. Ever since Levi's bold confession, she's a lot more open around Y/N and he's come to realize that his love for the short scout is absolutely justified. Although, she's still blunt as ever.

His only wish is that the two could spend more time together. It should come as no surprise that they both have their own set of duties and responsibilities that need to be taken care of, being high-ranking members and all, but on some occasions, it's just too much.

And of course, most of these tasks revolve around being in public so no displays of affection either...............unless Y/N is bold enough to attempt such a feat which would result in less than desirable consequences for the man.

Thankfully, they haven't been pushed to that edge yet and have restricted any private meetings to their own offices, into the late hours of the night.

Such as right now.

Seated at a desk within the dimly lit office room, Levi leans over the desk with half lidded eyes and untied hair as her arm holds her head up. In her other hand, her fingertips trace the brim of a small teacup, with the black liquid inside being freshly brewed and steaming hot.

A single lit candle next to the woman reveals another cup of tea on the opposite side of the desk, but it's untouched and just as hot. Her gaze doesn't move from this cup and several seconds pass by, as she observes it in silence.