26. Guidance

_________________

Your POV
_________________

???: "For how long will your slumber last, Captain? Isn't it about time that you woke up?"

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

???: "You may run and hide all you want. You may act ignorant all you want, but everyone faces their demons, eventually. Like lambs to the slaughter. Like humanity to the titans. It is.......inevitable."

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

???: "I believe that it is time, my brothers and sisters."

I feel myself get propelled out of my state of slumber and awaken to something entirely supernatural. Something that's odd and frankly, impossible.

I'm standing in what looks like a large and ever-stretching field, with varying sizes of mounds protruding out from the ground. The horizon is dominated by the same scenery, with nothing else in sight. Strangely enough, the ground isn't made out of grass or dirt, or even rock, but rather, a rough, coarse, and grainy substance that sticks to my feet.

Speaking of which, I look beneath me to see that I'm not wearing any shoe-wear and have a set of raggy clothes instead of my uniform. The clothes are torn in multiple different spots and their condition is so poor that even slaves wouldn't wear them.

Though, these aren't the oddest things out of this situation.

Chains are coming out of the ground and they secure me in place, being attached to my wrists and ankles. I try to  apply force against them but it's of no use, since it feels like the more I struggle, the more they tighten, so I stop after a while. They don't seem rusted, despite being in such an environment but instead, they feel like they've been made on the spot.

Lastly, and most importantly, there is a bright and blinding pillar of light a few meters directly in front of me. It's truly captivating and stupendous as I look at the sky above and see streaks of light, forming what look like branches, and ending at the giant pillar of light. All of it resembles a giant tree made out of nothing but light. Before I can question any of it, however, I'm interrupted by the same voice that I had heard before.

???: "Don't take all of it in at once. You're going to be seeing it a lot."

The voice is deep, belonging to what sounds to be a middle-aged man, and it comes from behind me, so naturally, I try to look behind myself, only to feel an invisible force preventing me from doing so and guiding my vision forward again. I resist it and keep trying to turn my head and body, attempting to push against the force until the voice reaches my ears again.