• 32 ~ Don't Fool Yourself •

Credit: https://twitter.com/kiarei_/status/1472476933711704068

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

For all the preparations Y/n had done, it would be a shame not to give their plan a try. They packed their bags with the element-infused weapons, as well as a bunch of the illusions they'd created ('Illusion' being a name suggested by Aless for their successful invention since he was getting confused with Y/n calling them 'real' and 'fake' delusions).

Their initial idea was:

1) Infest the Fatui's delusion supply with empty delusion containers as well as any other defective delusion-looking products Y/n invented along the way. This would break the Resistance's trust in the Fatui for supplying them quality material.
2) Advertise the illusions which could infuse the element on the desired weapon by supplying it directly with the elemental liquid. It did mean that the illusion had to be replaced once it ran out of liquid, but it also meant it would have no adverse effect on the user.

At least not unless the people decide to be clumsy enough to have it pour on themselves and cause elemental reactions... Y/n thought worriedly.

But if these people could handle using delusions, they could handle using trinkets like these.

Well, since there was no one to help them carry out Step 1), Y/n just had to pray their creation was good enough to directly move to Step 2).

At least, that was what they had in mind when they left for the Resistance.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

"Hello, Y/n!" Matsuda greeted them with his now-consistent enthusiasm. And Y/n never missed a bit to return the sentiment.

"Hey! How have you guys been?" They asked in a similar cheery voice as they approached the circle of Resistance members they had befriended.

"Oh, nothing much." One member, Hisahiko, commented. "But we know you're about to face a little more hardships starting today."

Y/n's shoulders slouched. "Right. General Gorou will conduct my exam today."

"Haha.. Good luck on not acting stupid in front of him."

"Hey!" Matsuda silenced Hisahiko with a glare, then put a hand on Y/n's shoulder. "Don't look so upset. Your attacking style is... spontaneous. But I'm sure you'll be able to pick yourself in battle."

Battle..

"Ah, that's right. I'm going to be assigned a platoon, aren't I?"

"Yep yep! Oh, please let it be our platoon!" Another member, Koyama, said, squeezing his hands in prayer.

Matsuda chuckled. "It will most probably be ours, since Y/n would be the most comfortable here. Since every platoon is low on men, I don't think there'll be any benefit to choosing other platoons over ours."

Y/n nodded. "I hope I get assigned with you guys as well."

There was a moment of silence, and a brief moment of realisation for Y/n that things wouldn't be all fun and games from now on.