• 02 ~ For With You, I Feel Alone •

Credit: https://twitter.com/arakawork/status/1396667278284914695

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

It was the second day. The morning was marked by an agent opening the curtains to the dorm. As if on cue, the satellites all rose up together and were left to attend to their respective harbingers.

Their movements felt extremely calculated, as if they had been trained to follow a precise set of actions. This set Y/n apart, since they still had no idea about what was going on.

After a while, Y/n found themself standing in front of Scaramouche's big red door again. Sighing, they knocked.

"Come in."

Y/n closed the door behind them. "Alright. What are my tasks?"

Scaramouche had already taken seat near his working desk. Hearing Y/n's hurried tone, he looked up. "That's sudden. I reckoned you weren't going to serve me."

"It's not like I have a choice. I'd rather have whatever assistance you need to be done and over with." Y/n replied in a plain tone. They needed all the time they could get to plan an escape route.

"I see. So you've finally given in to your position." Scaramouche closed his eyes in thought, a smirk appearing on his face. "In that case, let's start with basic paperwork, shall we?"

Paperwork..?

Y/n gulped and tried to hide their tension. "Alright. I can handle it."

"Can you now?" He stood up, a stern expression on his face. "How do I know you won't mess things up?"

"I won't."

Five minutes later, Y/n completely messed things up.

Scaramouche had a smile on his face. Its purpose was none other than the fact that if he wasn't forcing a happy expression, he'd murder Y/n right on the spot.

On the other side of the room, Y/n was subconsciously praying for their life. They tried to think of what to say, but nothing they came up with felt like it would evoke anything other than an outburst from him.

"Alright. Forget about this." He said eventually, crumpling the papers and tossing them into the dustbin.

Okay sure. Y/n messed up, but was it necessary to toss away all their hardwork like that??

"How about you make me a cup of tea?" He narrowed his eyes sideways.

Tea..?

"I.. don't know how to make tea..." Y/n said. "But I mean, I can try-"

"Please don't."

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

The sun had set. A few hours were left until Y/n had to report back to their dormitory. It invoked a worry inside of them.

Not that Y/n felt any useful here. Ultimately, Scaramouche had decided that Y/n's place belonged on the couch where they could be away from trouble.

What's the point of keeping me by your side if you're not even going to use me?

The entire day had passed in silence again. If this continued, Y/n would have to find other things to occupy themself.

For the time being, Scaramouche wasn't here. He had left to talk to the one of the other harbingers, Signon... or something. Y/n didn't care to hear about the details.