[Author's Note]

Credit: https://mobile.twitter.com/haragaita_i/status/1396398299821662213/

• • • • •

Heya!! ^^ Thank you for coming to read this fanfic. Before you start reading, just make note of the following stuff:

# The characters and setting of Genshin Impact belong to miHoYo. I don't own anything apart from the story and the characters I add. If I use anything external like images, I'll credit them.

# I don't have an uploading schedule as I write whenever I get the time and inspiration. Assume slow update.

# The story will be in third person. Y/n's gender will be unspecified (they/them pronouns).

# No lemon or smut. I can't write those things... There will be fluff tho. Maybe angst..?

# I'll try my best to make the story grammatically correct, but English isn't my first language so pls excuse any mistakes.

# New Note: There's slow burn. I should've stated this before, but even I didn't see it coming (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)

I've seen several theories of Scaramouche. The one that appealed to me the most was about him being a clone of Baal. So with that in mind, I've tried sketching something similar for Y/n within this fanfic. Idk how great it'll turn out tho.

By no means do I want to showcase a toxic ship between Y/n and Scara, so I will not portray him as heartless as the fandom may or may not have perceived him as. Just something to note.

Additional Note: After 2.1, more information about Scaramouche has been released. I'll try to be accomodative of anything new released, but the Unreconciled Stars event was what made me interested in him in the first place, so I'll write with a very narrow goal in mind.

Back in 1.1, Scaramouche introduced himself as a vagrant, which got me wondering what it would be like to be able to travel with him. The fanfic will hence focus a lot on world- and/or plot-building rather than just progressing Y/n and Scaramouche's relationship. Idk how satisfactory my writing is going to be in either of those departments... but I'll let you be the judge of that. ^^

Now then, cue to the fanfic!!!~

• • • • •