• 03 ~ If I Could Cross The World •

Credit: https://twitter.com/asagizuisen/status/1397538138126487552?s=20

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Third Person POV]

A couple days had passed, each the same as the last. Every night, Y/n would try to scout the hallways to find means of exits, but in vain. Many times, they were caught by agents. Having received a prior warning from Scaramouche, Y/n was someone they were exceedingly suspicious of. It was high time Y/n put some kind of plan into action.

The only problem was... Y/n still hadn't figured a safe way out.

The only time they did something remotely close to escaping was to try jumping out of a window. At that point, they were sick of it and just went with the nearest, most reckless solution.

It wasn't as bad of a plan. The snow underneath was thick so there was no chance they'd get hurt.

Only it wasn't the snow but a skirmisher who caught them in his arms. Y/n was sent back immediately.

Somehow Scaramouche didn't get the word of it, else there would've been more trouble for them. Either way, Y/n couldn't afford to be reckless now.

The information regarding Y/n's true identity and purpose weighed on them too. Y/n tried not to think about it. After all, it wouldn't matter once Y/n got out of here... right?

Though Y/n wished they could distract themself from their thoughts. There was nothing to do for most of the day since Scaramouche didn't trust them enough to occupy them with tasks.

Y/n sighed as they entered his room, clicking the door into place. Scaramouche didn't bother looking at them. Y/n entering his room without asking had become normal to him.

At first, Scaramouche had intended to make Y/n aware of their position, but they already looked so miserable that he didn't bother to.

It didn't make much difference in his life. Y/n and he hardly talked anyway.

Scaramouche sighed. The second Y/n sat on the couch, he turned towards them. "Alright. Listen up. We'll be leaving for an expedition starting today."

"Ah. I see.. Have fun." Y/n paused. "Wait! We?!"

He looked at them annoyingly. "That's what I said, dumbass!!"

The first thing Y/n felt was excitement, but it was immediately replaced with suspicion. Wouldn't this be too convenient for them?

"Are you sure about this? What if I ran away?"

"Hm?" Scaramouche folded his arms. "And what about it?"

"You'll lose your satellite, you know."

Scaramouche smiled at Y/n mockingly. "For the record, I don't care about where you go.

"I think you already know how useful you are to me. I'd be better off without a person looming over my head all the time.

"I want to get rid of you just as much. With that said, it would be preferable for me if you just ran away." He looked at Y/n, who was already lost in thought.

He sweatdropped. Did they even listen to what he said?

As for Y/n, this was the happiest day of their life so far. Y/n was going to have the chance to go outside, and Scaramouche didn't care about Y/n enough to make them stay. Y/n could venture outside and create a new life for themself.

Scaramouche turned away from Y/n. "Whatever. Just get ready. You have 15 minutes."

"Uhh.." Y/n tilted their head. "I don't really have any belongings."