• 19 ~ There Remains No Reason •

Credit: https://twitter.com/_congee/status/1429242210944421895?s=09

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Y/n's next morning felt much better than the last. For one thing, their back didn't ache so much since they were actually able to lie down while sleeping.

It was thanks to Mona, who allowed Y/n to stay at her house, though even that didn't come without consequences. Y/n was to bear part of her expenses so long as they stayed there.

Honestly, Y/n didn't mind that. They were just worried since they hadn't started earning any mora.

"You're awake." A smiling face of Mona was one of the first things they saw. "Good morning."

Y/n got up from the matted floor, returning her expression. "Morning..."

A matted floor. That was where Y/n slept, not that they minded. There wasn't much furniture in Mona's house. Most of the space was occupied with astrological equipment. It soon dawned on them that Mona was going through some financial issues.

"You are in luck, because I received my pay this very morning." The astrologist chuckled to herself, shaking the bag of mora in her hands. Apparently, she wrote for the astrology column in a newspaper called Steambird.

"Say Y/n, would you like to go on a little shopping with me?"

They looked at Mona in disbelief

We haven't even had breakfast yet...

Y/n didn't expect the astrologist to have her priorities all mixed up when they first met her, but here they were. "No thanks. I'm good."

"Ah. That's a shame." She handed Y/n a plate of what looked like cut up mushrooms.

Y/n picked one piece up and squished it in their hands. "This is what you eat everyday?"

"Well..." Mona looked away, embarrassed. "If you have any complaints, you are free to buy your own food!"

Y/n sweatdropped. This was alright.

They were still unsure about the type of person Mona was, though. What bothered Y/n the most was what she told them last night.

"When you say that I shouldn't leave Mondstadt..."

"I mean that you shouldn't leave Mondstadt, of course." Mona crossed her arms.

"Th-That's the same answer you gave last time!" Y/n argued. Sure, they'd received an almost similar advice from Venti, but Mona was getting too serious about it.

"Well, it isn't my fault you can't get it through your head." She marched towards Y/n, poking a finger at them. "Not. Leaving. Mondstadt."

Mona was started to sound agitated, so Y/n quietened their tone. "But I need to look for a person. What if they're no longer in Mondstadt?"

Mona's demeanor changed suddenly. "What do you mean you're looking for a person?"

"You see, I tried asking people around for hints of my memories, and they kept mentioning this other person I came to Mondstadt with."

"Okay, but he's no longer with you, so you can let it go." Y/n could tell Mona was covering up her discomfort. They narrowed their eyes.

"How do you know it's a 'he'?"