• 18 ~ Through Broken Shackles •

Credit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/l4sl9p/i_finished_my_stellaris_phantasm_mona_fanart/

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Noelle POV]

It was seven in the morning, which meant it was time for Noelle to hit the books. Slightly huffing from her daily laps around Mondstadt, she reached the library.

"Good morning, Lisa." She smiled as she crossed the woman.

Lisa returned the expression. "Morning, darling~"

As she began to catch her breath, she noticed a figure sleeping with their head down on one of the tables.

"Huh... Is that Y/n..?"

"Indeed." Lisa replied softly.

Ah... It would be better if I stay quiet too.

Noelle wondered why Y/n was here. Did they fall asleep while studying? There were no books around them, but Lisa could've cleaned up after they fell asleep.

Noelle just hoped everything was alright.

She slowly pulled out the book she had been reading, including some others she'd plan to read after. Most of them were about Mondstadt, though Noelle would have to eventually learn about other nations too.

She sat opposite to Y/n, and quietly began reading.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Y/n woke up to the sound of pages turning. They looked up to see Noelle with lots of books scattered around.

Noelle caught attention of Y/n waking up. "I'm sorry..! Did I wake you up?"

"Not... really..." Y/n massaged the back on their neck. Their back and neck hurt from sleeping in a sit-position.

"I see." Noelle went back to reading, though her eyes were no longer moving on the page. "If you require any assistance, please tell me."

Y/n looked at her. Why was she so insistent on helping them? It felt almost suspicious.

Still, Y/n decided to test their luck. "Well, I kind of need some help with... basic adventurer training."

"Ah!" Noelle smiled. "For your examination, right?"

Y/n nodded, surprised she caught on so fast.

"I'd love to help you out." She smiled. "In fact, I think I might be more confident about this since I myself have given the examination."

Y/n blinked. "You wanted to be an adventurer?"

"No, no. I just wished to put my abilities to the test." Noelle turned red in embarrassment. "I actually wish to join the Knights of Favonius one day, but somehow, there's always something that I'm not ready for during the examinations."

"Oh..." Y/n paused. "I hope you can pass them this time."

"I wish you good luck as well." Noelle smiled and stood up. "So, shall we start training?"