• 28 ~ Close Your Eyes •

Credit: https://twitter.com/yoontrsh/status/1352561218968461312/photo/1

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

The morning came before Y/n knew it. Once they had been left alone in the night, feelings of nervousness crept up on them.

Now that they'd reached their main purpose of coming to Inazuma, which was to find Scaramouche and get him to keep them, they didn't know what was supposed to come next.

Maybe I should've planned my schedule a little better.

Well, Scaramouche was there to do that for Y/n now, but they couldn't help but want to act as their own master.

While Y/n was trying to insinuate an internal conflict in their head, there was a knock on their door.

"Y/n, master wishes to see you."

Y/n opened the door to greet the white-haired satellite with their drowsy eyes. "I just woke up. What does he want?"

They didn't get a reply, but decided to follow Aless back to where Scaramouche was.

The latter had his arms folded as his greeting. But his back towards Y/n and Aless, so maybe it wasn't much of a greeting. He seemed to be deep in thought about something.

"Oh. Did the royal servant finally earn their beauty sleep?" He turned around to meet Y/n's dishevelled face. "Goodness... It feels like you just rose from the dead."

Y/n frowned. "What do you want?" Their surroundings felt cold, which was weird since the weather wasn't cold at all.

"Oh, nothing. I was just wondering how attentive you'd be first thing in the morning."

Just then, a thin object hit their back with a swing.

"Ack-!! What the hell?!" They turned behind to see Aless, who had a sword in hand, its blunt side facing their back.

Scaramouche sighed. "I'd have expected no more..."

"But he just creeped behind me when I was talking to you-?!" Y/n hissed as they made a failed attempt to rub their back, then glared at Aless. "Who made you think it was okay to interrupt people?!"

"I ordered him to do that." Scaramouche replied sternly. "Your attentiveness is still incompetent, so you better improve yourself on that. How else are you supposed to move around Inazuma without getting attacked from your back?!"

"What is wrong with you?! I have a vision to protect myself!" Y/n yelled back. "Also, I can use a sword!"

"Don't think too highly of yourself." He narrowed his eyes. "You have no experience using either. Against an army of soldiers, you'll surely succumb."

Oh, you little...

Aless promptly changed the subject. "Master, what is today's objective?"

"Ah, yes. About that." Scaramouche turned to Y/n again. "There are a few things you should catch word about."

"You must be wondering why the Fatui are here. For one thing, Signora is here to complete a mission. And I, too, have my own share of work I need to deal with."