• 04 ~ Just To Find A Home •

Credit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k17fra/so_drew_scaramouche/

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

By evening, Y/n and Scaramouche had reached the borders of Snezhnaya. The snow had thinned out now and greener patches of grass were visible on the ground.

Y/n didn't feel the need of the warm jacket anymore, but they kept wearing it since they doubted Scaramouche would take it back now.

"We just need to cross the border, and then we're out." Scaramouche said.

"Awesome! Then I can leave!" That made Scaramouche looked sideways at them.

Y/n decided to face him, walking backwards with their hands to their back. "So what's your mission about anyway?"

"Hm... I'm not sure yet." He frowned to himself. Y/n tilted their head in confusion. They weren't expecting that answer.

They wondered if Scaramouche was purposely hiding his agenda from them. He felt unusually distant.

Okay. Now that was a weird thing to say. Scaramouche always felt distant!!

Y/n brushed off the thought and proceeded to look around at the scenery. There weren't that many people who were crossing this route, which either meant this wasn't a place many people went to... or Scaramouche was deliberately taking a route that was travelled less.

Y/n, stop overanalyzing!!

I'm sorry but I need to keep myself occupied in some way!!

"Mondstadt isn't too far away from here." Scaramouche spoke up out of nowhere. "That will be our first destination."

"Eh? Mon-what?"

He looked at Y/n irritably. "Mondstadt. Have you fallen deaf?!"

"Hey!!" Y/n yelled back, offended. "You must be used to travelling around places but I'm new to all this!!"

Scaramouche remained indifferent to their cry. "Mondstadt's the City of Freedom, though I've only been there once."

Y/n's mood suddenly changed. They inched towards Scaramouche in curiosity. "What kind of place is it?"

He narrowed his eyes, distancing himself from Y/n. What was with Y/n's sudden interest in the place? "I was mostly occupied with a certain investigation, so I didn't have time for sight-seeing and the like."

"That's sad." Y/n looked at Scaramouche pitifully, at which he felt annoyed. "Maybe this time, we should actually enjoy ourselves."

He frowned. "No thank you."

"Ugh! Could you not be a buzzkill for 5 minutes??" Y/n folded their arms at Scaramouche. He didn't care enough to respond.

"Oh please? Please please please??"

"Stop latching onto me!!" Scaramouche tried to jerk off Y/n who was now clinging to his arm. "Also, weren't you planning on running away once you got the chance?! What happened to that??!"

"Right." Y/n hummed, releasing his arm. It was true that Y/n didn't need his consent to explore the land, if they were going to leave him anyway. Yet Y/n wanted him to be there for some reason. It just felt like he was supposed to be there with them, for whatever reason. But this was merely a gut feeling that they'd rather brush off.