• 33 ~ When They Believe You •

Credit: https://twitter.com/kadrena_/status/1422458581195137026?s=09

• • • • •

A/n: Spoiler/leak alert in the smol text

ˢᵃʷ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵉᵃᵏˢ ˢᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˢᶜᵃʳᵃ ⁱˢ ᵃⁿᵉᵐᵒ· ʷʰⁱˡᵉ ⁱ'ᵐ ᶜᵘʳʳᵉⁿᵗˡʸ ⁱⁿ ᵈᵉⁿⁱᵃˡ, ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵗˢ ʷʰⁱᶜʰ ʰⁱᵍʰˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ʰⁱᵐ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵉˡᵉᶜᵗʳᵒ· ⁱ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃⁱᵗ ᵘⁿᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗˢ ᶜᵃⁿᵒⁿⁱᶜᵃˡˡʸ ˢʰᵒʷⁿ·

This font looks funky af lmao

P.S. This is a republished chapter, so old readers might see their votes and comments already cast.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

"Let's have a little chat, shall we?"

There was a moment of silence.

Before Y/n hurriedly turned around and tried to take a leap for the exit.

The moment they came in contact with the door, huge electro chains appeared on its handle, knocking them backward.

"Where do you think you're running off to?" Scaramouche asked them, certainly not amused.

"I... Outside." Y/n looked at him nervously. "For fresh air."

"The air is plenty fresh here."

Y/n scrunched up their nose. "Of course it is with all the dust and debris you guys are racking up in here."

Despite their light-hearted remark, Y/n's eyes raced through every corner of the room, trying to analyse what room they were in. This seemed to be the deepest one in the factory, one that wasn't in use by the factory.

Why is this room so empty? What's the purpose?

Surely not to bring people in to question them... right?

Scaramouche pulled out a delusion from his pocket. It wasn't his own.

"Do you know what this is?"

"I... It's a delusion."

"Oh, but is it?" He threw the delusion on the floor, shattering the glass into pieces. Y/n's eyes widened.

Nothing came out of the container. No elemental liquid. Nothing. It was one of the defective illusions they tried to falsely advertise as Fatui-made delusions.

"I talked to Aless today, and this is what I found on him." Scaramouche continued. "Upon further questioning, I obtained some curious intel on who's responsible for this."

Y/n clenched their fists. No matter how much Aless helped them, in the end his first loyalty would always belong to Scaramouche.