• 24 ~ Your Love Will Remain •

Credit:https://www.deviantart.com/kuroten-kun/art/Scaramouche-Genshin-864702201

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

The waves grew huger as Y/n got further away from Liyue Harbour. Within a few hours, no land was visible to them, so they found themself with only a map and compass to rely on.

They sweatdropped. It would've been easier to navigate their way during daytime.

They stared at the compass and tried to make sense of their location. The Electro barrier could appear anytime soon.

Dear Archons... Please have mercy...

A sudden lightning forced a yelp out of Y/n. Their heart started beating faster. The wind had started to blow more harshly, the waves becoming bigger as a result of it.

It's okay... I just need to stay calm...

But even as an adventurer, the middle of the ocean was a different matter altogether. Y/n would've felt much safer with someone by their side.

Y/n's thoughts were interrupted as a huge wave crashed against their boat, sending it toppling sidewards.

"Wha-!!" They stumbled due to the force and hit their head on the opposite wall.

Y/n coughed. Head spinning, they tried grabbing the small wheel again.

Stay! Calm!!

The surroundings waters reflected the purple fog. Either that, or the waters themselves were infused with Electro.

Y/n swallowed nervously, hardening their grip on the wheel. They had reached the barrier.

But the bigger problem were the waves, which had begun to grow larger. The chilling winds and the loud noises of thunder were sending Y/n's mind to numbness.

Concentrate..!!

It was all futile, though. Y/n didn't have enough experience to tackle the rough seas. They had only learnt how to drive the boat a few hours ago!

Another wave dipped on the boat from the top. The pressure pushed the front part to the bottom, and the boat fell upside down.

"Argh!!" Water filled in the small cabin, with Y/n desperately trying to hold their breath.

With nothing else working for them, they pushed the door open and got out.

As they popped their head out of the water, all they saw was darkness. They didn't know how to swim, so the only thing preventing them from sinking was them holding the edge of the boat.

Wait... I don't know how to swim!?!

Y/n started panicking. If they didn't do something quick, they'd get struck by lightning for sure.

With all the force they could muster, Y/n pushed the side of the boat in an attempt to flip it. It didn't budge, though.

The waves around them didn't make it any easier to remain by the boat's side.

Hnghh!! Y/n tried pushing the boat again. They were drenched and the water was starting to hurt the corners of their eyes.

Just then, another wave, larger than any other, crashed against the boat.

It flipped the boat back up, but Y/n was thrust away in the process

Ahh!!

No, no!! Wait!!