(5) Imagery of Love

Start from the beginning

"Elly?"

Waving my hand to greet her, I slightly turn my body to face Carter.

"I'm going. Thanks for the tour."

He smiled as he nod at my sister as a greeting, "It's a pleasure."

"Take care!" I reminded him before I went inside the car.

My sister's eyes were still glued to Carter and as I finished buckling my seatbelt. She waved at him, "Bye!"

Carter also waved back as the car started to move away, a glance from the side mirror and I saw that he was still looking at the car until he was out of my sight.

I sighed and looked at my sister.

"Who's he?"

"Carter. I met him in the bar—", my sister was about to speak when I stopped her by my words. "Nope. It's not what you think, we both want to get some fresh air and so he ended up touring me to one of their places."

Ryia hummed, "Carter huh."

"Ryia. I texted you about Carl, remember? Where am I supposed to go now? For sure I'll be the hot topic in the office and I don't want that. It'll be awkward for me."

She rolled her eyes, "You did what you have to do, Elly." Then, she scoffed. "For sure he won't want to be in a one-sided relationship because who wants that? Stop feeling guilty for hurting his feelings. It is what it is. He will be more heartbroken if you gave him a chance, yet there's no room for him in your heart."

All my worries have been washed away earlier when I'm with Carter. But now that the other side of reality is clear within my head, I can't help but feel anxious.

I know that Ryia's words were true. I'm sure of that. It's just that I've always been like this, I feel guilty even though what I did was right, but still, I hurt their feelings.

"Please turn to Cicatrix." I said when I saw the sign. "My car is still there."

"You could resign from your job. You could write, Elnora. Be an author. You will surely sell a number of books. Plus, it's your passion. Stop thinking of what others might think or say."

My mind wanders around as I'm left with Ryia's words. When we arrived at the bar, we bid our goodbyes as we part our ways since she still has a job to go to.

"Don't forget to tell me everything"

"Whatever Ryia!"

Driving back to my apartment, I can't help but think about the possibilities if ever I make a decision. Quitting my job will cause a change. Something I'm not ready for. Sure, writing has been my passion since then but will it benefits me? I sighed heavily, I can't decide. I need to think thoroughly about this.

When I arrived at my apartment, I immediately went to my study table but not before following back Carter. I stalked him, but his profile was private. Moving on, I spotted my journal notebook. I smiled to myself as I reach to grab it and read what I'd been feeling throughout the week.

The ping coming from my phone made me stop and when I checked it, it was from Carter. He accepted my request and sent a message.

@jnsin: Hey. It's me Carter, the one in Cicatrix bar. I'm the person who you've been with the entire night. We went to my Dad's library gallery.

I laughed softly as I read his message. Shaking my head, I started to type Hello there, I'm Elnora. The one to whom you lend your help when I got drunk. Thank you for bringing me to your Dad's library gallery.

I hit send and waited for his response, but it seems like he was out. Staring straight at my journal, I decided to freshen up and get ready for bed. After I finished doing so, I checked my phone for a message but there was none. It bothers me when it shouldn't. And it's a bad idea to entertain such ideas and so I opened the little box I purchased. When you opened it, you will see a ball that glows in different lights. A galaxy lamp. Different colors envelop my room and I can't help but think of an imagery of love.

Sometimes, the feeling of wanting to fall in love still reaches me. I wonder how would it feel to fall for someone who will catch you. To someone who will love you unconditionally and when the time comes when love isn't enough, that someone will be patient to work through it and stay faithful to fight for your choices. Which builds trust within your relationship and will lead to an everlasting story of two people who love and chooses to stay with each other every day.

But my traumas won't let me. Even though thoughts are scattered in my mind, battling, the one who always wins is the one that fears to experience everything. The fear of losing myself once again.

♡Altairythosia's
Hello everyone! You had probably noticed that I didn't include any surnames for Carter and Elnora. That's because I can't decide what surnames to use and I think it would be better that way. I am planning to not use any surnames in my upcoming stories anymore, but it depends since I have already written a story for a series that has surnames on it. Nevertheless, thank you for reading my work! I hope you love and enjoy it. Much love and blessings to receive <3