TWENTY

Do comment

Pressing the menu as close to her face as possible, Meenah tried to minimize the amount of her nonstop chatter. She was going on about all the dishes they had here and the benefits of each and every food.

Fariq suddenly laughed, reached forward and pulling the menu away from her face.

"Why are you reading your menu like that, Ameenah? I really like your glasses, they suit you." He teased her flashing a smile and considered her."You are so cute. Have you ever thought about modeling? With your face, I could definitely see you in publications."

Meenah rolled her eyes."Fariq stop being annoying and no, I've never considered modeling," she muttered distractedly, waving the menu at him."What are you going to order?" Fariq asked.

"Probably the sautéed chicken basil with fresh tomatoes and the side dish of creamy alfredo." She sighed dreamily.

"I think I will have the same." Fariq said with a smile."Heard your dad made you cancel your application for Oxford University."

"God! Aurora can't keep her mouth shut for once in her life." Meenah groaned.

"I'm your best friend as much as she is, and I think more than that now. Stop hiding things from me." He complained leaning forward.

He pulled away when the waiter set down the chilled glasses of water and beverages. "Are you ready to order?" The man asked, his snooty expression almost making it difficult to look away from. With his white gloves, he pressed down the area of creased tablecloth Fariq had disturbed when pulling away.

"I'll have the sautéed chicken basil and the creamy alfredo side, please." Fariq smiled at the waiter.

The man nodded, turning an expectant eye on Meenah. She eyed the man."I'll have the same." The waiter gave her a sweeping glance, as if waiting for more. When he realized there was nothing left to say, he took their menus promptly and disappeared.

Her eyes widened comically and she flicked her head in disgust."Why would I hide things from you Fariq?" She played with her silk napkin as she looked around the restaurant, appearing bored out of her mind.

Resting her elbow on the table, she gazed out the window.

As her eyes raked the pedestrians walking outside the restaurant window, her attention landed on a motionless figure. Amongst the hustle and bustle, he stood lifelessly in the midst of it all, surely, confidently. Meenah sat up, taking note of the superiority in his stance. The figure stood across the street and seemingly gazed inside the restaurant, more specifically, near their end of the room. A street light nearby casted a warm glow across his face, highlighting the sharp and aristocratic features.

It was him!

That smug bastard.

Meenah quickly looked away, taking the desert menu from the middle of the table. She placed it near her face in order to hide her grin. Fawaz was a bastard, but he was so arrogant that she couldn't help but find a small bit of admiration and affection for his efforts.

"What's so funny Meenah?" Fariq asked, leaning towards her to look out at the street.

He wouldn't see Muneer, not when it was so dark and because Fawaz wouldn't want Fariq to see him.