THREE

Do comment

Meenah opened her eyes and rolled over her bed, pressing her face into the soft pillow. She rolled out of bed noticing her bed, because her blanket had been tucked around her when she slept off around her and her lights which had been on when she fell asleep was now off. She crawled onto the ground, pressing her forehead to the floor.

With a shiver, she pushed herself into a standing position, drawing the blinds open and staring out into the early morning sky. She entered her ensuite and washed herself, she then said her prayers and went back to the window. The sun was only beginning to rise, vibrant colours flashing across the sky from the far corner. She tugged the blinds open fully and moved her hands along the lock, trying to open the window.

She flopped down on her bed and stared at her ceiling. She closed her eyes, drifting off to her own world. Her eyelids fluttered open and she was greeted by a pair of hazel eyes.

"You scared the sh*t outta me." Meenah said placing her hand over her chest.

"Language Meenah." Nuwaira scolded her daughter as she entered the room hands akimbo.

"Good morning Mum." Meenah greeted politely.

"It's already 6:45 Meenah, you should get ready before 7:30 and remember you're going to show Hanan around the school." Nuwaira ranted and left the room.

Meenah turned to Aurora who shrugged and sat on the floor."You don't look fine Meenah." Aurora said slowly. Her sitting position on the floor with her hands crossed on her bed and her eyebrows creased together in the slightest way showing her that she had her full attention. Meenah shrugged, feeling Important under her gaze.

"That's coming from you." She snapped without thinking.

Aurora looked startled and an apology is on the top of Meenah's tongue, but she cuts her off.
"Good morning to you too retard." She says straightening, leaving her towering over Meenah who was still laying on her bed.

A small smile pulled at Meenah's lips at Aurora's lack of sensitivity along with her witty comebacks.

"How was your night?" Meenah asked, swinging her leg over the side of the bed and standing. She raised her hands above her head yawning and stretching. Aurora rolled her eyes and Meenah gave her a questioning look. She didn't respond and instead flopped down on the bed.

"You think my night was great after texting me and calling me all night just to inform me that I will help you show Hanan around the school?" Aurora ranted in one breath.

Meenah just shrugged and walked to her closet."Come and help me choose something to wear Aurora." Meenah said excitedly. Aurora groaned and walked to the closet and started pulling out some clothes.

Meenah finally picked a dress. She turned away from Aurora and plodded to the bathroom. She pulled out her toothbrush squeezing her toothpaste on it. She caught her reflection in the mirror. Her mismatched eyes caught her attention, the left one was a deep shade of forest green while the right one shone bright blue in contrast. Although her eyes were expressive, she just  hated it that way. Her thumb touched her cherry red lips, her long curly lashes fluttering in the process. She pulled her long strawberry blonde hair back, which provided a stark distinction between her glowing eyes. She looked down at her slender built and her porcelain skin, which she inherited from her mum.

As she changed, the sudden sound of a bang against the door made her jump. She eyed the door cautiously before slowly opening it. Her eyes quickly jumped around her empty room before the sound of movement made her look at the ground.

"Thought you would never come out." Aurora said rubbing her forehead.  Meenah laughed earning a glare from her. She covered her mouth with her left hand before extending her right.