030

Chapter 30

Safe house

- - -

To put it simply, that mission was a disaster

Clint had been the only member of the team who hadn't fallen victim to the girls mind tricks, minus Tony, who was left to deal with a raging Hulk wreaking havoc on a nearby city - this surely wasn't good press for the already suffering Avengers.

The archer had rounded his team up and got them back to the quinjet.

The mood was low, no one really spoke to one another. Bruce was knocked out cold, wrapped up in a blanket, rendered naked by the transformation back to his needy doctor self. Tony didn't want to be so violent, but the Hulk was not letting up, even against his specially designed suit for these code green situations - the HulkBuster.

As if the mood in the quinjet wasn't low enough already, news of the Hulk vs Iron man fight in the city of Johannesburg had already spread worldwide, headlines and more plaguing newspapers, the internet and the big screens across the globe.

'The news is loving you guys,' Maria Hill spoke to the team through the jets radio. 'Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest... but it's in the air.'

"The Stark relief foundation?" Tony asks.

'They're already on the scene,' Maria assures. 'How's the team?'

Tony sighs at the question. "Everyone's... we took a hit," he looks around at the members of his team, who are all uncharacteristically quiet and isolated. "We'll shake it off."

'Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here.' Maria adviseds.

Tony scoffs, "So run and hide?"

'Until we find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer.'

"Neither do we."

Tony ends the conversation with Maria and moves to join Clint up in the pilots cabin. It was dark outside and the team had been flying for a couple hours now, Clint behind the wheel all this time.

"Hey, do you wanna switch out?" Tony offers.

"Nah, I'm good," Clint declines. "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from what?" Tony asks, curious.

"A safe house."