021

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┐
Chapter 21
Taking down S.H.I.E.L.D
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┘

After having stole from the Captain America exhibit in the Smithsonian, the team made their way towards S

After having stole from the Captain America exhibit in the Smithsonian, the team made their way towards S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. Natasha and Fury had their own separate mission, taking a different route to the others. That left Jungkook, Tessa, Sam and Maria to accompany Steve.

Steve may be the only one wearing his suit, only because he stole an old make of it. For now, old S.H.I.E.L.D uniform suits would have to do. Tessa didn't mind though, she thought they were very figure-flattering suits. Luckily, Sam still had his wings.

Jungkook had equipped himself ready for battle, with his combat pants tucked in to his combat boots and a tight black shirt. A belt was tied round his waist, utilising weapons he very well may need, but unfortunately lose if he transforms.

The five of them managed to sneak inside of the building and they made their way towards one of the computer labs. They climbed up the many sets of stairs, with Steve leading in front. As they approached a door at the top, they waited there for one of the workers to go check the cameras and notice their presence... it didn't take too long.

Once the door opened, the male technician's eyes widened at the sight of the big group, Sam and Maria both holding guns up at him, Jungkook and Steve looking intimidating, while Tessa gave him an impossibly innocent smile.

"Excuse us," she tilted her head, daring him to try something.

The man throws his hands up into the air and the group made their way over towards the Personal Announcement system. Tessa and Jungkook held back the few men already in the room, whilst Maria and Sam stood watch at the door, so Steve could get his message across.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D agents, this is Steve Rogers." Steve says into the mic. His voice resonates all throughout the large compound through its speakers. "You've heard a lot about my team and I over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E, and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. We don't know how many more, but we know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been and it's a price my self and my team are willing to pay. And if we're the only ones, then so be it. But we're willing to bet we're not."

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam questions Steve with a shit-eating grin.

Suddenly, an alarm began to blare from outside of the base. Jungkook rushed over towards the windows and watched as
the water in the river surrounding the base began to drain and reveal large, hidden doors at it rivers bottom. His eyes widen as he watches the helicarriers slowly lift from out of the open doors.