XXVI - New World

"Don't be sad."

He affectionately rubs my head with a smile and sets aside the blowdrier on the dressing table. Whirling around on my stool, I slither my arms around his waist and look up at him.

"I miss them."

"I know. But we had to return to seoul one day. We can't stay there forever." Gloominess flickers across his eyes as he leans down and presses a kiss on my head and I can tell that certainly he does too.

That he too misses Jungkook and his adorable toothy grin, Evie and her contagious giggles resonating in the whole house. I wonder when will I meet them again.

As if reading my thoughts he proposes, "We'll go visit them in vacation."

"Really?" My eyes lit up with sparks of excitement.

"Hmm." He ruffles my hair (he has just blowdried) and adds, "Now go get ready. I'll drop you on my way."

_

"If someone dares to lay a hand on my princess, you can throw an uppercut or headlock" he shrugs, "whatever you think is suitable for the moment."

"Can I break their noses?"

"But what if.." He rubs his chin, thinking hard.

"What if?"

He turns to me.

"...mucus flies out?"

I snort and break into fits of laughter.

Slowly calming down as I lean back and look at him, a soft smile is hovering over his lips. His palms reach out to cup the sides of my face and he presses his lips on the top of my head in a fond kiss. I hear a muffled 'I've got your back' and he draws back.

"It's your first day. Make a lot of friends." He manoeuvres the thin strands behind my ear "And when you are done, give me a call."

"I love you." The words smoothly roll off my tongue. I somehow felt an urgent need to say them as if I've not been saying it enough.

"I love you too baby." His hands holds my jawline and anchors me into a small kiss.

A perfect headstart to a new beginning.

Standing in front of the huge building, I inhale a deep sigh. On the other side of it, exists a new world, I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit in. Highschool have been great because of Kyungmi and her exquisite socialising. And in her absence, I feel anxiety seeping into my body from all the directions.

Inhale inhale exhale exhale

Filling my lungs with plenty of air, I rise up my chin defiantly and step ahead, confidently walking into a new phase of my life.

I'll do great. And sometimes okay is great too.

Being on my own after so long makes me realises how huge is Kyungmi's existence in my life. I low key hate her for moving to Busan. Imagine having only one bestfriend and she leaves you too. The feeling is awful.

Kyungmi has been my lighthouse. Even though I didn't like parties, she made sure to drag me out of my house every weekend and have fun. Because of her, I never had the time to complete my assignments and we were frequently running late.

Now that I've all the time in the world to work on assignments and projects, I don't find any single nerve in me active and working, probably because she isn't at my side, popping her gum and whining how much time will it take me to finish or in alternate case, sleeping peacefully resting her head on her folded arms.