V - New Start

"Where am I?"

Rubbing my eyes with the heels of my palms, I force out the last hints of slumber. I flick my head to the side to glance at the digital clock resting on the coffee table and It is already 2 in the noon.

"Gosh, my whole body is aching."

A hiss of agony shooting through my body parts my lips when I push myself up on my arms and slowly lean against the headboard. At the sight of the clothes scattered around on the floor, images from last night fill me up that how we did it till four in the morning and how I willingly lost myself to my step-dad.

After draping the sheet around my naked figure, I put my feet down and force myself up from the bed only to end up hobbling and holding the wall for support. I kneel down and gather the dress I wore yesterday. Messed up and wrinkled, its white fabric is now stained with crimson red liquid.

A tear rolls down my cheeks knowing it won't be the same ever.

We won't be a normal family again.

Mom has left and dad,

he'll hate me after this.

But where is he?

Did he leave too?

A blend of panic and fright rushes through my veins when I don't see him anywhere.

Ignoring the wrecking pain in my lower body, I force myself to rush upstairs and look for him. I push back the door to his bedroom that lays untouched as if no one has been here for weeks.

Frantically, I call out aloud for him, swinging open the door to every room but each one houses a similar melancholic tranquility.

My eyes brim up with tears when the realisation slowly settles in.

He, too had left.

As my knees go weak and legs give up on me, I fall into a sobbing heap in the corridor.

"Ari.. what's wrong?" Arms reach out to wrap around me and I feel my sobbing form being pushed into a warm embrace. When the realisation strikes me, I crane my head back to look at the male.

"Dad.." A raspy whisper falls from my lips with hot tears pouring out from my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Worry flickering in his eyes, his thumb wipes away the droplets cascading down my cheeks.

"Hmm." I nod at him, "I thought you left me."

His large palms tenderly hold my face and he softly speaks, "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere...okay?"

With that being said, he pulls my head into his chest. I nod and pause right there, sinking myself into his warmth and comfort. I've been on an emotional roller coaster since yesterday . All of it has been too much for me.

Mom eloped with one of dad's friends and I did one of the most unexpected thing with dad.

"Let's get you clean." He lifts me in his arms and makes a beeline to the bathroom.

"Do you hate me Ari?" He asks, gently lowering me down into the bathtub.

"Why dad? I don't see any--

"Because of..." he begins tentatively "last night."

"No." I let out a quiet mumble, lowering my gaze in embarrassment. He was wrecked and drunk. I'm the one to be despised. I was in my complete senses yet still chose to do it.

He doesn't ask anything further and bathes me up in silence. He has seen all of me last night. There's no point in hiding anything. Plus his presence makes me feel safe and comfortable, that he's here with me and I'm not alone.

"Dad." I call out for him as he leathers soap on my back.

In response, he releases a quiet hum that encourages me to continue,

"Where do we stand now?"

Will he look for another woman?

"I don't know Ari. That's for time to tell." His voice is soft and reassuring. Being the mature one in this matter, he handles it delicately.

When I don't say anything, he adds, "For now, I just need to take care of you." and washes the soap off my body before helping me to slip into a robe.

"Even if you marry another woman, you won't leave me right?"

"No you'll be my princess, always." With that he cups the side of my head and presses his lips on my temple. My lips stretch into a fond smile.

'Cause that reassurance was all I needed.

_________

📍 732 words, 2:35 pm, July 15, 22
📍This chapter is wholly new..
📍I hope you liked this.
📍Leave your reviews please....pwease....plwease...😁❤