The Goldfish (SS)

Start from the beginning

Pettigrew nervously laughs, not seeming like he's sure how to react. He and Lupin are standing in the background, just observing and not doing anything.

Severus huffs. "Leave me alone, Potter" he mutters.

Of course, they won't listen to him. Instead, Potter grabs the jar.

Severus is quick on his feet. "Give it back, it's mine!" he snaps. Inside, he's worried - will they harm the goldfish?

"Can't do, Snivellus. Peter hasn't eaten lunch yet" Potter says as he looks at the chubby Gryffindor.

Pettigrew's face turns pale. So does Severus' - are they going to make him eat it?!

He quickly tackles Potter, making the jar roll on the grass.

"Get off me, you greasy git!" Potter exclaims.

Black kicks the Slytherin's back, then his face.

As he's about to kick him again, a small wave of water hits his face, making him fall onto the ground. Potter is hit as well - the two of them are now on the floor, soaking wet.

Not sure what's going on, the four Gryffindors flee the scene, running away with a fearful look on their faces.

Severus can't help but smirk - they deserved that. However, what happened? What attacked them?

He suddenly looks at the jar on the ground. No, it's broken... Did the goldfish jump into the Black Lake in time?

He slightly jumps when he feels a hand on his shoulder. When he turns around, he's looking at a girl his age. That confuses him - he has never seen her before. Is she a new student? She isn't wearing robes.

She suddenly offers him her hand, smiling at him. He's a little hesitant. Should he take her hand? He has no idea who she is!

For some reason, he feels like he can trust her.

When he grabs her hand with the shaky one of his, they walk around the lake until they reach a place where no students or teachers usually go to.

She waves her hand as a small cave emerges in front of them by the water. He hesitantly follows her inside. There's a table and two chairs.

She makes him sit down before grabbing a bowl of water. She uses magic to bring the water onto a fresh scar on his left cheek from when Black kicked him.

At first, he winces. After a few seconds, he starts to relax. The water feels cold and nice on the scar.

When she retrieves the water, he touches his cheek. The scar is gone. He's really impressed - she healed him wandlessly only using water.

He however can't help but wonder who she is and why she saved him.

He clears his throat. "Thank you... Um, who are you? And why did you save me?" he questions.

The girl smiles. "My name is Y/N. I'm the goldfish you saved a month ago. You see, I normally live in the water. But up here on land, I'm a human just like you. Anyway, because you saved me and showed me kindness, I returned the favour by saving you from those horrible boys" she explains.

Severus blinks a few times, feeling dumbfounded - she's the goldfish he saved? How in Merlin's name is that possible?! She seems to be able to do water magic, so perhaps it does make sense...

"You... You are the goldfish?" he asks in disbelief.

She nods, giggling. "I am. You looked really sad when you saw the broken jar. I can turn into a goldfish again if you don't like me as a human" she tells him, tilting her head.