maybe it's all part of a plan

Start from the beginning

"Of course there is," Mon muttered to himself as everyone looked back at her.

"You see, in life, I have found that bigger isn't always better," Amunet said before laughing. But then her face dropped as she lifted up her bag of shrapnel, "But in this case—"

"You need more shards to take out something the size of a satellite," Barry said and Amunet pointed at him, "So where'd you get those?"

Amunet hesitated for a moment before continuing to walk around the console, Mon-El moving his chair around, watching her, "From the plane I was on the night the particle accelerator exploded. They were in the cargo bay en route to a military facility," she explained.

"Which conveniently never made it to its final destination," Supergirl said and Amunet turned to her, smirking. "You see, normally, I would just pop down to my storage locker to grab my big job stash, but last week, a naughty boy — or girl or non-binary gendered individual — snuck in and robbed the place," Amunet explained.

"Yeah, well, we should check out your storage unit. There might still be some clues," Barry said before he glanced over at Supergirl, "I think I have an old CSI kit back at the apartment," he then zoomed off.

"Great. You guys are so good," Amunet said before she began to walk away. Supergirl and Mon-El watched confused as Caitlin quickly caught up with her.

"Um, hello, hi," Supergirl said and Amunet looked at her, "Where are you going?"

"To the kitchen...for a spot of tea?" Amunet said.

"Why don't I take you?" Caitlin said and Amunet laughed pointedly at Supergirl and Mon-El before following Caitlin into the Med Lab.

Mon-El slowly turned in his chair, facing a blanked out Supergirl, who just forced an awkward smile, "This is our life now," she whispered.

When Amunet and Caitlin entered the Med Lab, Caitlin very quickly and quietly closed the door behind them, "You prepare food in here?" Amunet questioned as Caitlin pressed a button on the side of the door. This button prevented from any alien super hearing to be able to eavesdrop, "It's not very sanitary."

"I wanted to talk to you alone," Caitlin said, turning to Amunet, who began walking around the room curiously, "I didn't just bring you here to help us stop DeVoe."

"An ulterior motive. How furtive and apropos," Amunet said, messing with some glass tubes, before looking back at Caitlin, "After all, why go through all the hassle of procuring me when Killer Frost could quite easily just ice blast those satellites down?"

"Killer Frost is gone. I haven't been able to get her to appear ever since DeVoe used one of his powers on her," Caitlin explained and Amunet stared at her taken back, "Remember last year when I came to you because Killer Frost was taking over? You fixed me."

"Mm," Amunet hummed, stepping towards Caitlin, "My transmodular genetic splicer."

"I need to use that splicer again," Caitlin said.

"Oh, Caity," Amunet muttered, walking around her, and towards the med bed, looking at more things in the lab, "One of the reasons why I was so willing to help you and your friends with your Professor situation is because, well, quite literally it also benefits me. But giving you my splicer, not as beneficial."

"What if I make you a deal?" Caitlin asked, and from this, Amunet quickly turned back towards her, "You give me the splicer. Killer Frost and I will do you one favor."

"Oh, that is a tempting offer," Amunet smiled, "But unfortunately, my splicer was stashed right alongside my additional shards."

"In your ransacked storage unit," Caitlin said as Amunet walked up to her with a frown, "Okay, wherever we find your shards, we should also find the splicer."