Ch30 ~fin~

My dearest Mina,
    I must apologize, first, for my lack of grace with this machine and second, for my crude jokes and flirtations. Because of that, I've chosen for this letter to be pure sap. I noticed that you've been down a lot lately. When I brought you to the fair today, it was a very poor attempt to cheer you up. I'm glad to see that it worked. Though I do not know the whole reason for your low mood, I hope I can raise your spirits.
    I understand that we've been 'together' for only a small while now. Even so, I do not feel as though I had a proper confession; if you could even call it so. For that reason, I suppose this is a very late love confession. So unlike most of my advances, this one is purely sap.
    And so, my darling, we begin.
I simply love the person you are.
Am in love with the person you are.
You are brave beyond comparison, Mina. When I think of ambition I no longer think of men; I think of you. You leave me in awe of your studies; not to mention you're the only woman with enough brains to make it into the University of London. I admire how you value your work in your studies. In fact, I would listen to you speak of medicine for hours without understanding a single word just to hear the passion in your voice and see the sparkle in your eye.
You have me intrigued by you in nearly every aspect you can offer. Your immense knowledge in medicine, your knowledge of literature,your knowledge of this damned machine – everything. I'm wondrous how you are as concerned by wealth as you are by gossip, the latter much to my chagrin in all fairness. You are kind when others are not and gentle even at times when you should not be. I suppose in that way you are as silly as you are intelligent.
And just in case I don't say it often enough, you are absolutely, unequivocally the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I look at you sometimes, Mina, and cannot breathe for how lovely you are, and regrettable though it may be, I wish to have you as mine all my waking hours and all my resting.
If this letter is to prove something, it is that I am not all that I seem. And that though I may be flirtatious and vulgar, under all that, I truly am just a girl of fluff who wants nothing more than to gush over her lover. Words are easy. Saying them are hard.
Forever yours,
LUCY.

P.S. — When or if it is allowed, I'd very much like to marry you. I ask you now so we may act upon it later, my Mina. Will you accept?

~fin~