Ch25

"Bloody blazes, Mina!" Lucy nearly shrieked in surprise. "Also, what?"
    She just looked up at Lucy. Mina loved Lucy in any form, but especially her morning form. The sun made her glow in the most magnificent light. Lucy had a warm aura of gold coming from her skin. The frizz in her hair gave her a nimbus. Lucy looked truly as Mina saw her; an angel. Her skin sparkled and shivered in the morning air. Mina couldn't pry her eyes away from how perfect Lucy's skin looked under the sunlight. Her eyes roamed around Lucy's chest. She noted how the small dip, her supraclavicular fossa, or the SCF, rose and fell with her every breath.
Mina, only now, realized that Lucy had three small birthmarks. One on her right breast, nearly dead center, only off to the right a millimeter or so. She had two on her right shoulder, fainter than the one on her bosom. Mina then noticed how Lucy only ever slept on her right side. Was she insecure?
Right, but Lucy asked her a question. "I heard you, Luce. How long you were talking, I don't know, but I can hear you." Mina groaned as she sat up. "Well I suppose that makes us even." Mina sighed, sinking herself back into the pillows.
"What do you mean?" Lucy asked, shifting to sit so that she was facing Mina.
"Two confessions that the other heard half consciously." Mina laughed. "Did you ever figure out Lady Jayne's riddle?" Lucy shook her head. "Course not. Would you like me to explain it to you? Quite ironic as you were the one who was quite insistent on learning the symbolism."
Lucy rolled her eyes playfully. "Don't mock me, just explain it." she pouted.
"'You hold daffodils out to me, but I hold red roses behind my back' was the riddle. You hold out unrequited love out to me, but you do not see that I reciprocate it. Red roses." Mina explained, finding herself pleased with Lucy's bewildered expression. "Do you understand it now?" Lucy nodded.
"Wait a moment." Mina hummed in response. "You like me, in that sense, as well?" Lucy voiced.
"Yes, Lucy. How have you not seen that?" Mina laughed playfully. "I've kissed you, now four times, and yet you still think I see you as just a friend?"
Lucy's eyes widened. "Well, one can kiss another in a friendly manner, can they not?" She had almost a tone of franticness or panic.
"They can, but probably not in the way we have." Mina went for a jest, "Shall I show you the difference between the two?" Lucy went red and her body tingled. "Shall I take that as a 'yes'?" Lucy was now conflicted. Quite clearly too. Mina couldn't help but laugh at the woman in front of her.
"N–no?" she squeaked out. "Wait, yes. No–no. I–I don't know!" she cried.
"Do you want a kiss?" Mina asked between giggles. Lucy nodded shyly. "That's all I asked."
"Liar! That was in no way what you asked!" Lucy retorted, causing Mina to laugh even more. "Mina, you're being cruel!"
"Oh, I'm sorry, love. Come, I'll kiss it better." she cooed jokingly.
Lucy pouted before moving closer. "You better..." At that, she connected their lips.
And when she did, her whole world burst into wonderful, terrible color.
Warm palms pressed firmly against Mina's cheeks, and then Lucy was kissing her with as much passion as she could muster, afraid that should she take a moment longer to think about what she was doing, she would turn and run scared from the room.
It was easier, Lucy realized, to just throw oneself fully into things.
Her elbows rested on Mina's shoulders and her hands slipped into Mina's hair. Kissing Mina was nothing like kissing any other. It wasn't just that her lips were softer or that Mina was at first timidly still and then kissing her so dizzyingly gently. The real difference was in the way it made her feel. The tingling that she had felt before swelled until her whole body was alight with it. Her heart beat so fast that she was sure it would stop. She was so overwhelmed that her grip on Mina's hair tightened and she felt Mina gasp at it.
To Mina, Lucy was so delicate. So fine and small that Mina's arms fit all the way around her waist, her hands curving around her sides. Mina pulled back. She was so close to Lucy that she could see all the stormy colors of her eyes. Lucy blinked and looked away. She didn't move, just stood there, head tilted up and eyes wide like a doe's.
Her whole body sparkled. The feel of Lucy's frame using hers as support as her arms wrapped around her felt nearly forbidden.
Lucy pulled her in, this time, resting her face in Mina's neck as she mumbled an 'I love you'.
Mina only smiled. "I love you the same."
"So much. I am utterly and completely smashed with you."

A/N
I'm backkkk
And now I'll be gone again since I don't understand romance nor why I'm doing this so sorry loves
-Legacy