Grand Plan

>>Elayne

Shit
Shit!!
Shit!!!

I didn't get to reach the ship!! It had already sailed before I could board it but that wasn't the problem. It wasn't that far away and I could have used the little bit of magic I have but just as I made it to the port through the narrow and dark streets, I saw Kaan there.

He teleported and I lost my shit right there before I could come out in the open area. Though, I'm glad I noticed him first.

Before he could get a chance to see me I hid behind the local stalls and panicked. He knew where I was going? He probably guessed it becaused of the direction I was constantly running in.

Shit!

I peeked at him. He probably thinks I boarded that ship because it's already on its way. I would have, I still can but Kaan's right there!
On that exact same dock!!

Hell!
The ship's getting further and further away!  I don't think I'll be able to reach it now. I looked down at Rion.

Shit...

I turned away.
I should get out of here first. It's raining too hard and I had a child to take care of. I should have enough money on me to be able to stay a night at an inn.

I began to move through the narrow spaces again and looked for an inn, somewhere out of sight would be best. I'll have to stay there at least till I can get someone to get me on another ship.

Or maybe I can find a sorcerer here and ask for a teleportation scroll? I know Rugen is far from here and if there is a scroll that will take me there, it's going to cost some hefty money.

I sighed.

I did not expect things to get out of hand this fast. I was supposed to here only for a few hours.

>>Kaan

The rumor spread like wildfire. Just the next day Leysa was in my bedroom looking at me with wide horrified eyes.

"You have a child?" She stood there with her arms by her side questioning me.

"It seems so?" I sat on the corner of my bed contemplating things. Things I had never thought about before. I never would have thought that I'd end up having a kid I wasn't even aware of.

"It seems so?!?!" She was furious, "You're talking like you yourself didn't know!" She grabbed her head, "Kaan!" She called me, "This could turn out bad, for you!"

I kept looking at the clear sky, "I only had a hunch..." My eyes stuck to the window. I kept looking outside.

I had noticed something was wrong with Sorin, her scent was changing during my last days with her but my initial thought was that might have happened because her demon had come out and merged with her for a while. Plus, I was more concerned about her being distant to notice anything else.
No- the stage she was in at that moment, it still would have taken me more time to notice that she was pregnant.

That night, I knew I slept with a woman, I was sure of it too but waking up next to that red head knight made me stop thinking about it entirely. I didn't want to give my brain pain by thinking about it. Especially not after seeing a burly man next to me early in the morning.

I knitted my eyebrows. Sorin must have woken up before anyone else and left.
I sighed yet again.
But why did she do this? Why did she fake her death and run away?

Just why?

I understand the part if she wanted to escape from the royal duties but why us? Why me? I thought we were bonding... And she even has my kid? I know he's mine. He can't belong to anyone else.

"Kaan!!" Leysa yelled at me and I finally looked at her.

"I've found a way into Rugen Island." I told her even though I didn't need to go there yet. I learned something very important from the Garuda I brought along with me yesterday.

I know Sorin is still here.

"What?" She looked at me in disbelief, "This is not the time to be talking about Rugen island. You have much greater things to be worrying about 'Your Highness'"

"Why?" I shook my head, "It's just a rumor."

I didn't really care about rumors. I have another chance, she hasn't left, meaning she's within my grasp right now.

I can find her.

"There were six people there in total who saw that child Kaan." She shook her head, "He looks exactly like you."

"And?"

She got angry at my question, "And because you neither have a wife, nor someone you've paired with, there are bad rumors going around. Think about it!"

I sighed and laid back down on the bed, "What are they even worried about? We're demons? Not humans." And I'm pretty sure I have a good reputation among my people, so what could possibly be wrong?

"Exactly, we're demons, you're the Demon Lord and no one should be worrying about you, especially you or your love life except that you've been looking for a specific woman for months now and she suddenly appears with your child?" She folded her arm and it suddenly clicked in my mind, "People think you're hunting her."

"Oh shit," I really didn't think about this. I stood up, "Do they think I'm being threatened with my child or something?"

Oh! No! No! No! They might hurt her if they continue on that mind set.

"Considering how old he looked, it happened when you were missing. Right before we found you, no? There are many doubts in the minds of your people."

"Oh No!" I massaged my temples. I didn't think it could ever go in that direction! "Gather the people." I ordered, "She can't get hurt because of something like this."

I have many questions myself but not a single intention of harming her.

"And what are you going to tell them?" She scoffed, "That even you have no idea you had a child?" She shook my head at me, "That will only make things worse."

I paused.
That's right. I wasn't going to say that but what am I going to say to the public?

I felt my head throb.
What even is going on? Why would she hide my own child from me? He was sick wasn't he? That child... That's the only reason she came all the way here. You can't find medicine made for dragons anywhere else.

I glanced at the clear sky again and something else clicked in my mind.

"Leysa..."

"What?" She frowned.

"The woman and child are still here." I glanced at her.

"What?"

"She hasn't left yet." I told her the truth.

"Wait, yesterday you said she was gone." She looked at me with suspicious eyes.

"The man I brought along with me said no woman or baby had boarded that ship."

"Oh?" A smug smile spread across her face, "So you're saying she's in the capital? What if she left the city?"

"I know she wants to go back and to do that she has to stay here." I smiled. All the ships that travel far leave from the capital, "Maybe it's better this way. Tell the people that I'm not being threatened or anything but I want the girl and child back."

I snickered.

"You want me to tell everyone?" She looked at me in disbelief, "You were being very private about this before."

"Well, the rumor's already spread, so why not let everyone help me?" I smirked, "After all, they are worried about me," I passed her a smug look, "No?"

She didn't look pleased but nodded anyway.

You won't be able to run away now, Sorin. Not when every single person here is searching for you.

I want answers and I'm getting those no matter what.