Send off

>>Sorin

"Kaan?" I called his name, "There's a gift specially prepared for you." I said as I stood outside with them.

"A gift?" He asked with his eyebrow raised.

I smiled at him, "The one I promised to give you," He got it immediately.

"Ah, him?" Leon and Kaan both stood in front of me while their carriages waited for them near the palace gate, a little distance from where we were standing.

I nodded, "You'll find him when you cross the forest."

"Alright." He answered as he kept staring at me, "There won't be any problems?" I shook my head

"The Duke simply went missing but no one will ever know how or why." I smiled at him, "Safe Journey." Leonidas's information helped me capture the duke when he was out on his midnight hunting tours. He was knocked out, tied up and coma induced, all done by Leroy

"You really pulled something last night." Kaan was not happy with the outcome, "You're practically forcing us out, aren't you?" He even seemed mad.

I chucked, "No such thing." I smiled at him, "But it was a request from your subjects. I looked at his carriage. The other demons were already inside, "You've been gone for a long time." I nodded at him, "Your people need you back."

This was something he couldn't refute. But his expressions didn't soften. I could tell he felt like I betrayed him but this was for the best.

"I know," He replied with an understanding answer but he wasn't happy, "You'll come visit?" He asked out of the blue.

"Of course," I lied, "As soon as the peace treaty is signed. We'll have more amicable relationships." Then I looked at Leonidas who was very mad at me, "I know you'll do a wonderful job." I looked at Kaan again, "I'll visit as soon as everything formal is taken care of."

"You'll be finally free." Kaan kept staring at me

I kept my smile on, "Yes," I said, "When Leonidas gets back from your kingdom, we'll hold his coronation ceremony and he'll be crowned the king."

I held Leonidas's hand, "Have a safe trip." I smiled at him, "You'll be king when you come back."

"Why are you doing this to me?" He was definitely mad and I had been ignoring the whole thing this whole time.

"Someone has to go and get the documents stamped." I replied.

He folded his arms, "You could have chosen an envoy!" He was frustrated, "And you made so many announcements in one go!" He was flabbergasted, "You didn't even talk to me about anything!" Okay, maybe he was more than angry.

"I know," I sighed and held his hands to calm him down, "I chose you, because I trust you the most."

"..." My words did calm him a little but his expressions didn't change much, "You did all that on purpose, didn't you?" Kaan and him both glared at me, "You made a public announcement so neither of us could back away."

Damn! They're both very sharp but well, they're the main characters after all...

"Well," I shrugged, "Guilty as charged!"

"Why!?" They both looked so desperate for answers that I didn't have for them.

"Um," I licked my lips as I racked my brain for an answer, "I just wanted to get this all done quickly."

"Why didn't you talk to us then?" Kaan asked

"Yeah!" Leon agreed, "Even a little hint would have worked."

I drew my lips in a straight line because now this had turned into an interrogation and I didn't have answers to give them.

"It was an impulsive decision but not without reason."

They both folded their arms, "What reason?" Why the hell are they both in so much unison?

"I'll tell you about it once the peace treaty has been signed." I stood firm on my words.

"And if you don't?" Leon glared at me.

"Come on now!" I looked at them both, "I know you won't let me live unless you have your answers." They both nodded, "So I promise on my name." I crossed my heart in front of them, "I'll answer when the peace treaty has been signed."

They both looked at each other and neither of them were convinced.
"I said I promise," I began to push them both towards their carriages, "Have a safe journey."

Leon unfolded his arms and sighed, "I'm still worried about that part." His expressions changed to worry, "You already passed the title to me!" He frowned, "I wasn't expecting you to do that out of the blue!"

"Exactly," Kaan agreed, "You did so many things, straight in a row." He looked at me suspiciously, "It's far too suspicious!" They both just weren't stopping.

"Don't fret it." I said, "Nothing bad will happen to me." I assured them as I kept pushing them, "If you're that worried, you can come back quickly." I smiled at Leonidas, "Besides, till your coronation, I'm still the king."

He sighed, he wanted to protest, so did Kaan but this would never end this way. So, I called for backup.

"Have a safe trip!" I yelled out loud and Leysa came out of the carriage along with Blight and Hewiit. They all 'respectfully' grabbed Kaan and forced him in the carriage. While Leonidas's guards 'respectfully' guided him to his carriage.

They both looked very reluctant but now they had to go because behind us, there were a bunch of people who were here to see them off. Neither of them could cause a scene or anything like that. They couldn't hold it off anymore either and got into their rides but till the time the doors were closed on them, they kept glaring at me.

I could feel their gazes even when they were on the move and it was sort of funny but it was finally done.

I looked softly at the leaving party as it crossed the palace gates and kept getting smaller.

As the carriages went out of sight, Leroy came and stood by my side.
The sun was directly above us and it was a clear day, the best one for traveling.

"Are you ready?" I asked Leroy.

"To be apart from you?" He asked, "Never?" He glanced at me with a miserable expression, "But I don't want you to die."

I smiled back at him, "My death is going to be my liberation." His grip on my hand increased but I understood the action.

"Is it really necessary?"

"All things must come to an end." I answered, "Mine just came earlier."

"..."

I began to walk and tugged him along, "Come on now," I said, "We have to visit the Oracle today."