In the rain

>>Sorin

That night, for some reason I couldn’t sleep.
There was something bothering me. Something unknown. It was as if I was scared but I had no idea what I was so scared of.

After spending hours trying to fall asleep I just gave up. I was tired and I most definitely wanted to sleep but for some reason I just couldn’t.

I stood up, took a deep breath and decided to go for a walk.
I didn’t want to cause any trouble or anything, so I didn’t go outside. I roamed the silent dimly lit hallways of the palace slowly, occasionally passing by a guard who was on night duty.

After walking in the corridors for a while I came across the stairs that led up, I paused and stared at the clean, pretty white steps when suddenly I got a bad headache.

Immediately after an image flashed across my mind, the same steps I was staring at were destroyed, the white marble had dirty blood dripping down it as rubble surrounded it.

I gasped as I stood still. The hallucination lasted only for a second but it made my whole body stiff.

What was that?
It was oddly familiar…

I blinked as I looked at the stairs again. They were perfectly fine, clean and pretty as they always are.

I took a deep breath and then, in the end, decided to go upstairs on the roof.

I guess I just wanted some fresh air and the roof of the palace is the best place to get those lovely pleasant gusts of the wind.

I walked to the railing of the huge open terrace and quietly stood there with my eyes closed as I let the gentle air caress me.

It felt nice.
I was expecting to see some stars but the night sky view was blocked by the dark clouds.

Oh well.
I love the cool breeze.

I stood there for a while, my mind seemed to calm down a little as I focused on not thinking about anything when suddenly without any thunder or rumbling, it started to rain.
I opened my eyes when a few droplets hit my face.

Oh no!
Then it suddenly began to pour.

Oh shit!
I was a little disappointed because I wanted to stay there longer but I guess it was better to leave or else I’d be completely soaked.
Just as I turned to run towards the door that was quite far from me, something covered my head. I was ready to sprint when the shade that blocked the rain came over my head and made me pause in my stance.

It was a big black wing. Large enough to act like an umbrella.

I looked to my side and noticed Kaan standing there with his other wing covering his head, a slight smile plastered on his face.

“Kaan?” I was surprised to see him.

“I thought I could help here.” He seemed very pleased.

“Ah…” I smiled unconsciously and turned to look outwards again, “Thank you…” It had gotten windier, “Why are you awake?” I asked as I looked at the garden in the distance, “It’s late.”

“I could ask you the same thing.” He said, “But if I have to answer, it's just that I got a feeling that I should go out for a flight. It had been a long time after all.”

“Oh?” I looked at him, “You were flying?” He nodded, “Must be fun…” I said feeling a little grumpy, “I’m envious.”

“...” Kaan then thought about something and then sighed, “It seems I was right.” He said and I looked at him with a confused expression.