Deal

>>Sorin

I took a deep breath and knocked on Kaan’s door. I didn’t get a response but there was no sound at all so I opened the door and peeked inside.

“Hey,” I waved my hand at the demon king who stood by the window and then went into the room, “How are you?” and closed the door behind me

“...” He quietly looked at me and his response came a little late, “Good,” He finally replied and I passed him a smile. He must have been staring out the window for a while, after all, that is the only thing he can do right now. He’s not exactly a guest here.

But!
I plan on making him one now!

“I was thinking about announcing your visit here,” I went and stood by the edge of the bed, “So that you can move around any place you want.”

He blinked slowly as he stared at me, then smirked, “I see,” His smile was sarcastic, “You don’t plan on letting me leave?” He seemed like he was in a foul mood.

“Oh no!” I raised my hands up! “It’s not like that!” I waved my hands implying that I did not mean that, “You can leave whenever you want! Just-”

“Just?” He looked at me softly. I know he has no bad feelings towards me but he still must be upset.

“I’m worried about a backlash…” I looked down as I fiddled with my thumbs. I couldn’t really say it outright that he better not come to us with an army and start a war but I do have to convey the message. I looked back at him again, “I-” He kept his eyes on me, “I don’t want a fight between our kinds.”

“Why are you worried about a fight between our kinds?” He asked me the question on purpose. I knew that.

“Well, no one would tolerate their leader getting imprisoned and tortured…” I couldn’t exactly look him in the eyes.

“And yet you tell me to forget about everything?” He stood up from his place.

I shook my head, “I know it’s impossible to forget about what was done to you! But the ones who did it are already gone!” He walked towards me, “Can’t we come to a peaceful solution?” I ended up looking away in shame.

He stopped right in front of me, “That is exactly what’s vexing me. I went through all that humiliation but after finally getting out, I find no solace?” I could sense his anger. He was mad and rightfully so, “I don’t wish to start a war either.” I gulped and looked up at him, “But what about my compensation? Your father is already dead, so is the team that attacked me.”

“B-but, you were the one who killed that team.” I said softly.

“In self defense.” The way he looked at me was sort of scary, “I did not start  that fight.” He shook his head lightly, “Don’t even think about saying that was compensation.”

“I know…” I replied in a whisper, “But I don’t have anyone else to offer you.”

“That man,” Kaan gave me an immediate reply, “That redhead who fought me.” Oh! Shit! He’s asking for Enri! “He’s your knight isn’t he? At least him.”

SHIT!!! My mouth opened a little bit in panic. I can’t give Enri to him! Shit! Shit!! I bit my lower lip! He’s the only one alive from that day! He and one other but the other one wasn’t there.

“I’m sorry, I know he’s the reason you ended up in the dungeon but Enri is too important to give u-” The malice in the room rose. Kaan for some reason seemed really angry today and it was probably because after healing completely he had all the time to think about what was done to him and how unfair it all was!
In the novel he gets his revenge when he attacks the city but that wasn’t exactly revenge. It led to a massacre of many innocent lives. And it’s after dozens of people die, does the weight of his actions dawn upon him.