Chapter 22

Last Time....

“Scott!” Kayo yelled when Scott slipped under the water for a minute before reappearing spluttering the sea water out of his lungs, the pilot was exhausted but he slipped into survival mode as he held Kayo close and floated with her. 

Hearing engines, Scott smiled seeing the shape of Thunderbird Two above them shielding them from any plane debris. With the rest of his strength Scott helped Kayo up Thunderbird Two’s ramp before collapsing to the floor. 

The last thing he could make out was his name and “Oh my god, he is bleeding. A piece of debris must have hit his back…Scooter hang on….”.

Present...

Scott opened his eyes to see his grandma and a young woman kneeling beside him, wait what was going on. Sitting up Scott accepted their hands, somehow the woman felt familiar. He then gasped, the woman looked identical to John and Virgil, this must be their birth mother. Blinking his eyes, he found himself being directed to what looked like a picnic blanket and then sat down.

“Grandma, what’s going on?” 

Ruth Tracy smiled at her confused grandson. Grabbing his hand, “Scott you must fight it”. He looked at her with curiosity, “Fight what?”. The young woman kneeled down beside him, “Fight for your brothers, your girlfriend and your children”. What? Scott thought, his ears were suddenly aware of a constant beeping noise, what was that?

“You need to go Scott” 

“But, I don’t want to Grandma”, Scott was suddenly aware of how young his voice sounded. “Open your eyes Scott''. Her grandson looked at her like she had another head, “I am awake”. “No you're not, you're dying. Wake up Scooter''.

“I don’t want to leave you here”, Scott admitted, suddenly aware of what was going on. Ruth Tracy kneeled directly in front of her eldest grandson. “Scott Tracy you listen to me, you can’t stay here. If you do, you will leave behind your family and your unborn child. You must awaken. I will not allow you to take the cowards way out, that is not the Tracy way. Isn’t that right, Grant?”. Scott gasped listening to his Grandma’s powerful words. “It is son, listen to your grandma Scoot”.  There kneeling beside the young woman was Grant Tracy, his grandpa. “We love you Scott, now fight the darkness. Save your brothers''.

Ruth Tracy, Grant Tracy and Sarah Taylor held hands. He smiled at his grandparents words but what touched him the most were Sarah’s. “You have been an excellent brother to my sons, I now know why I didn’t survive because If I did there would be something missing in your life. My sons are your brothers as their brothers are my sons. Tell them I love them please son. I love you all”. Scott nodded before allowing himself to relax and welcome the darkness plus that annoying ringing noise. He never knew something more annoying than Gordon’s pranks. Smiling to himself, “I'm coming home” Scott thought.

It had been three month since the bomb on the plane and the brothers remained close by. Scott Tracy had taken a devastating blow to the head, he had been in a coma for three months and on critical life support after his body started shutting down. Scott was currently in the personal medical bay of Tracy Island. An investigation into the bomb had met dead ends but the hood made sure he personally looked into it. During these months, Tracy island had been revived and all the family lived there. The hood lived on a nearby island as support. Today was the day International Rescue would be back up and running well after the twins finished their short trip.

“Are you ready for this?” Virgil turned to meet John’s anxious eyes. Virgil nodded, slipping his hands into his pockets. John made the first step into the room where they would finally accomplish their goal.