Chapter one

Jeff Tracy stood in the command centre, staring out the window at the beautiful view of the islands paradise. His thoughts were everywhere, he felt nauseous, he had just had an intense argument with his middle child, whom currently occupied Thunderbird 5. The young man was persistent, but Jeff wouldn't allow it, so the argument happened. The only problem was that after the argument, an explosion occurred on the spacecraft and Thunderbird five's signal was permanently offline.

He tried his best, but he couldn't reach the spacecraft, the only thing blinking back at him was a dead spacecraft symbol of five's systems and the word 'destroyed' would blink up on screen. For once in his lifetime Jeff Tracy didn't know what to do. A sigh escaped his mouth before he sat down, his thoughts drifting back to the conversation.

30 minutes ago...

A call came in, about a mine which had collapsed in California, a bunch of school kids were trapped in the mine. It was a museum of mines when a small earthquake caused a cave in trapping many of the kids in a cave with a very unstable roof. The four boys had went out taking Thunderbird 1, 2 and 4 just incase as the mines are next to the ocean.

Jeff Tracy put Scott in command, as he knew Scott had been handling it, while he was in space for quite some years. Scott was still in charge though. When the rescue of Jeff Tracy happened, Thunderbird 5 was damaged and required a new build and with the help of the GDF and colonel Casey, Thunderbird 5 was replaced with its old design with an elevator built in the back, used for extreme emergencies but it was currently out of order until the proper codes were placed within it. However it didn't have the shielding the newer one had, since it was the older version while Brain's worked on fixing the new one in his warehouse within the island.

Jeff was brought out of his thoughts on Thunderbird 5 when his comm line was beeping he answered it. The conversation lasted mere minutes before Jeff hung up. He smiled to himself despite knowing that one day he would have to tell the others. But, unknown to Jeff a particular individual had listened in furiously silent on the conversation. He now knew whom his so called father was speaking to on late calls and secret calls in-between missions. He had something on his own Father, his name was John Tracy and he wasn't very happy.

Jeff was about to move to his standing point watching the view when his comm line beeped from Thunderbird 5.

"John is everything alright?" Jeff sat down with a sigh.

"Yes and No. The boys are en-route back to the island, everyone is safe and sound. The eta of one is 20 minutes and two is 30 minutes" Johns natural calm voice came over the comm, he hadn't even turned his camera on like he normally does.

"Okay, I will meet the boys in the command centre. So whats wrong?"

There was a few minutes of silence.

"Dad I have spent 437 days up here longer than we are meant to, I need supplies, you haven't sent any up for 200 days, I'm running out of daily requirements. But, I have a better suggestion, can I come home and spend a few days on the island, can you send three up for a supply run and pick me up please. Gordon's birthday is coming up and I want to be there for him instead of up here yet again". John's pleading voice broke will he spoke to his so called father.