Chapter 12

Last Time...

“Hang on!” Jackson spoke into the intercom. Scott gripped his brother's hands, not a fan he wasn’t flying his own damn ship.

Present....

Something cold had been placed against his back once he had gotten up to check the comm channel. He could hear his son and niece over the channel, devising a plan. He was about to answer when, “I wouldn’t touch that if I were you!”. The Voice of Desmond Miles behind him. “To what do I owe the pleasure”, the hood cheekily replied. Flicking a switch on his wrist to give his son access to his own communicative devices. 

Brains and Parker’s hands froze over Thunderbird Two’s controls. Grandma Tracy and Colonel Casey had been cuffed by Rico Miles in the body of Two. Desmond had three guards with him in the cockpit while Rico had two guards. Brains quickly passed over the communicator to connect to Thunderbird One. Pressing the gun into Parker’s back, Brains hailed Thunderbird One.

“Thunderbird One, Come in. Scott, do you read me?” Brains asked.

“Reading you loud and clear, Brains. We are a bit occupied with enemy fire” Scott shakily answered from the co-pilot chair of Thunderbird One. From within Thunderbird One, Scott looked at the communicator to see Brain’s hologram fizzle out only to be replaced by none other than Desmond Miles. Anger blazed in his enemies eyes, Scott allowed Jackson full control of his bird, turning his full attention to the hologram of Desmond Miles. 

“Listen closely all of you who are in Thunderbird One. I hold hostage Brains, Parker and The Hood. While my brother holds Ruth Tracy and Colonel Casey in the bay of Thunderbird Two. Here is the deal, I will turn off the missiles that are currently attacking you. If Thunderbird One follows Thunderbird Two to a secluded area. John and Virgil can finish their work and then I will let all your family go including your crafts, that you all care about so much. You best make the decision quickly, as your parents' lives are on the line. Tick-tock!”. The broadcast of Desmond Miles' voice echoed through Thunderbird One as well as Thunderbird Shadow which remained cloaked and hidden behind Thunderbird One.

Scott looked at Jackson who gripped the controls of One tightly before nodding and turning off the defence protocol of Thunderbird One. Scott hated putting his brothers in danger but his family was in a dangerous situation and this was a tough decision. One he hoped they would all get out alive.

Gordon stumbled into the cockpit just as Scott replied, “Fine. We will follow you but if any of my family members are hurt in the process of helping you. So God help me, there will not be anywhere you can hide from me”. Desmond smirked at the hologram of Scott before waving his hand. “Make sure everyone stays where they are. We wouldn’t want any of you to get hurt and tell John Tracy he is lucky to be alive”. The hologram of Desmond quickly disappeared before Scott could retort. Turning around Scott found himself face-to-face with both Gordon and Virgil who disagreed with what was about to happen. Scott shrugged his shoulders, before bypassing the two heading towards medical to Alan and John. 

“Virgil, this feels like a trap”. “I Know Gordon, but we don’t have a choice”, “But, we do. We could…” “VIRGIL!!!”. The conversation was cut short at Scott’s scream. Virgil and Gordon rushed in the direction of their older brother. Virgil entered the room first with all his medical instincts kicking in. Scott and Alan were holding John down on the bed while blood flowed freely from his nose and he seized. “Gordon! Get the medkit and Alan swap with Jackson now. Scott hold him steady!”. The boys hesitantly followed their medical brothers orders. Alan looked on in fright when Jackson literally hopped out of Thunderbird One’s seat and bounced off in the direction of the medical bay. His nerves wouldn’t settle and his flying seemed off from what Parker could tell from the view of Thunderbird Two.