Chapter 9

Last time...

“Colonel Casey turned on channel 621” a voice over her radio spoke. Following their instructions she turned her channel over and on screen was Thunderbird Two courtesy of Parker whose spy camera on his chest showed them a view of what was happening.

Present...

Meanwhile with Scott…

Scott was said to be many things over the years. What he was called he would either agree or disagree to some names. But being protective was something he could agree on. Two of his brothers were in danger. He had every right to be angry at the Miles siblings who caused all these problems. But to learn it was actually his parents who started it all with their war with the Miles family. Scott couldn’t say who he was more angry at. Eventually he would be getting the whole story from his brothers. Flying Thunderbird Two was never Scott’s favourite thing to do, he much preferred his own craft. Sadly, Thunderbird One didn’t have enough seats or space for this particular rescue. The Hood sat in a seat behind him with Parker, while Brains sat in the co-pilot seat fully allowing Scott to have control. 

Pushing Thunderbird Two a little faster he landed it quite swiftly hoping he had not managed to scratch the craft as he knew how protective Virgil was over his craft as he was his own. The four of them reached the coordinates quite quickly, Thunderbird Two was parked right behind them. Scott was quite surprised at how well the Hood was with this situation, he seemed anxious almost. Curiosity got the best of Scott as he stalked over to the Hood with a questioned gaze on his face. The Hood turned to Scott, quirking an eyebrow at the eldest Tracy brother. Brains leaned against the leg of Thunderbird Two while Parker stayed on the Hood’s other side. Scott opened his mouth to speak when two helicopters and a small plane landed on the stip in front of them on the remote island they were meeting on. Scott found himself standing taller, surprisingly the hood and Parker copied his actions. Parker slipped the Hood’s handcuffs off despite Scott’s looks. Brains opted to stay quiet during the whole exchange.

The Hood rubbed his wrists, he leaned into Scott’s ear whispering “I am not the enemy here Scott, you left the enemy behind”. Confusion spread through his thoughts, though they were quickly dismissed when a group walked towards them. Scott’s eyes scoured the group taking in everything accurately, relief fell on his mind when he saw his two brothers in the crowd next to both Miles brothers. Virgil was holding his twin up with an arm wrapped around him. The two looked exhausted.

Parker counted at least 22 people in front of them. It consisted of 17 guards, two Tracy brothers and two Miles siblings. Also a young man stood cuffed in between the Miles siblings with a bandaged shoulder with a rifle on his back. Recognising the older Mile sibling to be Rico, Scott stepped forward an inch but he was cut off by “Scott Tracy in the flesh who would have thought that you would be the pilot of Thunderbird One” Rico joked. Scott smirked but it faltered when John coughed into his arm, slumping further into Virgil’s chest. Scott could see Virgil’s arms shake slightly, feeling proud at his brother who despite not being in the greatest conditions was still holding John up. Virgil looked up to meet Scott’s eyes, almost pleading for his big brother's help. 

“We have given John the cure but he doesn’t seem to be reacting very well to it, you can blame your parents for that. But a deal’s a deal. Virgil you may make your way over to Scott with John” Rico spoke up again, gesturing for them to walk forward. 

Virgil wearily looked towards the Miles siblings before he gently coaxed his little brother to walk in the direction of Scott. But stopped when he felt something cold press into the centre of his back. He must have exposed something on his face as Scott glimpsed at him, anger evident in his body features, “What are you doing?!” Virgil yelled at Desmond who held the gun against his back. “Making sure there is no funny business” his eyes glimmered with something Virgil didn’t recognise. 

Virgil pushed John in front of him, putting his body in between his younger brother and the gun as they slowly made their way over to Scott. John stumbled forward only to be caught by Scott who pulled him into his chest, Virgil moved forward only to be sharply pulled back by Desmond. Scott frowned but caught his brother when he was shoved forward into Scott quite violently as both Mile brothers now stood in front of them. Scott pushed both of his brothers behind him still holding them. “Hood I never thought I’d see you again, or more likely team up with the Tracys?” Desmond spoke humour in his speech. The Hood smiled at the Miles siblings, “Well I can be good when I want too, can’t I?” mischief in his eye. He could give the younger Tracy siblings a run for their money any day.

Desmond punched him in the face, Parker smiled at the family he had left behind. The smile quickly left his face as the young man who he noticed early was brought forward. He had brown hair, blue eyes and was similarly built like Scott. He wore some type of uniform and carried a rifle on his back. He had tanned skin as he held his head high despite circumstances, he wore a ring on his finger signalling he was married. Scott noticed the young man was looking at Virgil who held John close to him almost in concern. “As promised, here is Jackson!” Desmond announced as he took the cuffs off. Desmond then found himself kissing the dirt as a fist struck him, “That was for my father, my fiancé and his brother”. Rico quickly helped his brother off the floor before nodding to Parker as they walked away from the group.

Once they were out of sight and the two helicopters and plane took off. Scott finally relaxed his commanding posture and allowed his big brother mode to come out. Ignoring the Hood who stood next to Jackson having a conversation with Parker watching over them. Scott turned to face his brothers who looked absolutely exhausted, John looked up at his brother with cloudy vision, shame over his features. Scott’s hand found both his brother's chins and he pulled them up to meet him, as soon as the words left his mouth, brought tears to both of his brothers faces, “I am proud of you both!”. Virgil and John shared a look before they desperately hugged their older brother who held them as close as he could.

The reunion was interrupted by clapping off to the side. “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t punch you right now?” Scott questioned turning towards the Hood who stopped clapping looking at the three brothers. Virgil and Scott stood with John in between them, both of their arms wrapping around his waist to keep him steady. “Well Scott, can I not congratulate your brothers on their find. They brought my son back to me after 6 months of searching”. Scott stared at the arrogant Hood and his son Jackson who looked at Scott with a softer smile. “How do I know that as soon as my back is turned, You won't stab me in the back?” Scott questioned. Virgil chuckled, confusing Scott even more, Brains came over to join the conversation raising an eyebrow in equal confusion to Scott. 

“Now Scott, why would I stab a soon to be family member!” smiling in the direction of Scott. The Hood gestured to the word ‘family’. Scott looked even more confused but realisation quickly hit. “No, no, no. There is nothing between me and Kayo. I can assure you”. Looking up he was met with stares of confusion from the Hood and his brothers. “Now what you do with my niece is your own business, even though it's interesting information. It’s not what I was referring to”. Feeling his cheeks tint pink, Scott coughed ignoring Virgil’s smile. “What were you referring to?” Brains asked. Scott silently thanked Brains, avoiding Virgil's eyes. 

However, the conversation was interrupted by John slumping forward. A few words rang out. “John!”, “Mr Tracy” and “Babe”. Suddenly it clicked. John was unconscious in Jackson's arms. His vision started spinning and Scott felt himself hit the ground.