Chapter 13

Last Time...

“I’m Sorry” 

“Don’t be Alan” 

BANG… The Gun had gone off, a cry of pain had followed.

“Guards!” Desmond yelled. The occupants were hand-cuffed and led into a secluded facility.

“What do we do with the body?” Came over the radio loudly courtesy of Desmond who smiled at the looks of the captured ones.

“Dump it off the cliff into the sea”

“No!” 

“Yes Sir!” 

The group were shoved into a room where they came face-to-face with Penelope, Parker, Brains, the Hood, Lucille and Grandma Tracy. The door slammed behind them all effectively trapping them all in the same room. 

“Where is he?” came the voice of Parker.

Present...

No one spoke for a moment. Grandma Tracy took in the faces of her grandsons and she almost sobbed when she saw all her grandchildren and her son. But the pure look of fear in Alan’s eyes was all it took for her to sweep her youngest grandson in her arms.

“John?” a quiet voice made her grandson look up in the direction of the owner's voice. “Where’s Jackson?”. “He…he..his…body…”. John looked at the Hood with pure sadness. The Hood yelled out loud, before throwing his glass across the room. Every occupant watched the glass shatter against the wall. No one stopped the grieving father who attacked the guards who came into the room to see what had happened. Despite his brother's protests, John launched himself at the Hood’s chest once the guards had left. The Hood was quick to wrap the young Tracy in his arms, he felt the sobs of the boy who was his other family member.

Virgil watched his twin with tears of his own in his eyes before helping his fallen twin and the Hood to their feet when the door creaked open to reveal the Miles brothers. Virgil wrapped an arm around John’s waist to prevent him from attacking. Scott and Gordon found themselves standing in front of Alan and the others. 

Desmond and Rico Miles smiled at the sight in front of them. Jeff moved forward in front of his sons, Lucille followed to stand by his side despite Lady Penelope’s protests of staying back and letting the boys handle it. Gordon sent a very sharp look at her showing his disappointment. The Hood situated himself behind the twins, his hand on their shoulders to prove he was still there. Desmond had some sort of look in his eye as he spoke, “I love the welcome party but sadly this party must come to an end because I require the aid of the Tracy twins and if they do not come forward, it won’t be pretty for the other family members”. Virgil shared a look with Scott and the two tightened their grips on John who hadn’t spoken since the Miles brothers had entered the room. 

Rico remained stoic next to the door where a few armed guards stood with a variety of weapons. “Well?” Desmond gestured to the room assessing everyone’s current situation. Rico turned to the adults in the room, “Jeff, would you really want harm to come to your family because of John not complying with simple instructions?”. Scott watched in horror as his father turned around away from the enemy to look directly into John’s eyes who stared back with his icy piercing teal eyes not even blinking at his father. John looked worse for wear but he held his fathers stare even when Jeff said, “No I wouldn’t want harm to come to my family. John do as the man says”. Scott stared at his father in disbelief, sharing a look with Virgil who held his twin tighter. Parker stepped forward to face his brothers, who turned and looked at him. Parker spoke, “Desmond I ask that I watch over the Tracy brothers as they fill in the tasks that need to be done”. Desmond looked at Parker in shock before sharing a look with Rico who nodded in acceptance. Parker almost slumped in belief until John moved out of his brother’s grip and past his parents.