Chapter 10

Last time...

“Now Scott, why would I stab a soon to be family member!” smiling in the direction of Scott. The Hood gestured to the word ‘family’. Scott looked even more confused but realisation quickly hit. “No, no, no. There is nothing between me and Kayo. I can assure you”. Looking up he was met with stares of confusion from the Hood and his brothers. “Now what you do with my niece is your own business, even though it's interesting information. It’s not what I was referring to”. Feeling his cheeks tint pink, Scott coughed ignoring Virgil’s smile. “What were you referring to?” Brains asked. Scott silently thanked Brains, avoiding Virgil's eyes. 

However, the conversation was interrupted by John slumping forward. A few words rang out. “John!”, “Mr Tracy” and “Babe”. Suddenly it clicked. John was unconscious in Jackson's arms. His vision started spinning and Scott felt himself hit the ground.

Present...

10 minutes later…

Scott woke to find himself in the co-pilot seat of Thunderbird Two. Brains had auto-pilot on. They were meeting at Colonel Casey's Mansion, to discuss the next stage. But, Parker sat in the pilot seat in case he needed to take over. The old thief didn’t trust the auto-pilot much. “Parker. What’s going on? Where is everyone?” Scott croaked out confusion evident in his features. Parker whipped around to face Scott, relief spread across his features, “Scott glad you are awake. We are heading to Colonel Casey’s Mansion to discuss what happens next. While we were away someone launched an attack on the GDF’s headquarters. The Hood is asleep in the chair behind you with Brains behind me. Virgil, Jackson and John are in the medical bay”. Scott didn’t hear anymore, he was out of his seat and darting through the corridors down to the medical bay. 

His feet stopped working as he took in the sight before him. Jackson sat in a chair next to a bed, which held both Virgil and John curled around each other. Scott’s footsteps made Jackson shrivel around in his chair, making eye contact. He stepped aside to let Scott take over watch of his brothers knowing he would need it. Jackson left the three of them and headed up to the cockpit before sliding into the co-pilot seat with ease. Restarting his earlier conversation he had with Parker over what the best way to break into a bank would be. The Hood shook his head at his son's antics, before drifting back off to sleep due to Brains rambling. 

Lost in thought, Scott hadn’t realised Virgil had sat up and reached for Scott. The hand on his arm almost made him jump out of his skin, turning his accusing eyes on the owner of the hand. Scott found himself face-to-face with Virgil, who smiled back at him. “How are you doing Virgil?” whispering due to John still being asleep. “I am good myself. Just worried about him. Scott I’m sorry for every..”. He couldn't finish as tears streamed down his face. Scott moved quickly pulling his distraught brother into his arms, reassuring him everything was okay. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect him, we shouldn’t have kept it a secret, I’m sorry, I failed..” “Shush Virgil, you have nothing to be sorry about. You didn’t fail anyone, you kept your brother safe and that is all that matters” “But..” “No buts Virgil, if anybody has to say sorry its your twin who didn’t tell me he was engaged. Now I have to act surprised when he announces it”. Virgil smiled at Scott’s laugh before he blurted out, “They have been engaged for a year!”. Scott pinched his nose, muttering something about little brothers. Virgil slowly pulled himself out of Scott’s arms, sharing a smirk. 

Thunderbird Two jolted. “Scott, Who is flying my ship?” Virgil commanded concern clearly in his voice. Scott shuddered as he tried to make up an excuse, avoiding the look on his little brother's face. “Parker has it on auto-pilot”. Virgil sighed in relief as he relaxed. “Scott!” Brains shouted from the doorway where he and Parker stood. Scott turned to stare at Virgil who was pale white at the thought of someone other than him and his brothers flying Thunderbird Two. Before they could move, the intercom came on over their heads. “We are coming up on the mansion, so strap in. Please can someone tell Virgil to calm down before he blows a blood vessel and Parker to come back up to the cockpit. I can fly many things well but Thunderbird Two has so many buttons and I do not know which one is the landing gear. Oh, maybe it’s this one. Okay not that one…” Virgil fought a smile at Jackson’s voice over the intercom but Scott looked over in absolute confusion. Before Virgil could stop him, Scott was out of his chair, pushing past Parker and Brains and darting up to the cockpit with the two following him. Scott and Jackson would make a great team once they got to know each other, he shivered at the thought of two mother hens. Virgil's thoughts were interrupted by a small groan from the person next to him.