An Unhappy Ending

Start from the beginning

You smiled at General Ironwood.

y/n: Thanks, James.

General Ironwood smiled back at you and hugged you as you hugged back.

General Ironwood: I'm sorry I couldn't give you a childhood y/n. 

y/n: I did have a childhood, James. It just... wasn't a very good one. 

You and General Ironwood let go of each other. You looked back up to General Ironwood reassuringly.

y/n: Besides if it weren't for you. I never would have met Yang.

You looked over and smiled at Yang who was waiting at the front door of the cabin waiting for you. Yang smiled back at you but clenched at what was left of her right arm sadly.

General Ironwood smiled at the both of you.

General Ironwood: Be sure to watch out for each other. These are going to be hard times to go through. 

You looked down sadly.

y/n: Yeah. They are.

General Ironwood looked at you one last time.

General Ironwood: Goodbye y/n. 

You looked up to General Ironwood one last time.

y/n: Goodbye James.

You and General Ironwood saluted each other before he got back on the airship and made his way off the island. You then walked up to Yang. 

Yang: You alright?

You nodded at Yang.

y/n: Yeah. After all. I've got to look after you now.

Yang snickered and walked up to the door. 

Yang: Babe. I can take care of myself. 

Yang then tried to open the door but it seemed to be pretty awkward for her. She had to use her left hand and she didn't have another hand to catch the door as it opened. So you tried to help hold the door open for her but Yang put her hand up gesturing for you to stop as she grunted in frustration but stopped herself. 

Yang: I... I've got it.

Yang clumsily managed to open the door and you both walked into the house and made your way to Ruby's room. Ruby was still unconscious laying in her bed. Qrow and Tai were watching over her.

Yang: When do you think she'll wake up?

Tai shook his head.

Tai: We don't know. 

Qrow: It might be a while. She did a number on that giant grimm at the tower.

You were curious as to what Qrow meant.

y/n: What did she do?

Tai and Qrow looked at each other before looking at you and Yang. 

Tai: We'll tell you when she wakes up.

Tai then looked at you.

Tai: Oh and y/n?

y/n: Yeah?

Tai looked at you with a serious face.

Tai: You're sleeping on the couch while you stay here.

You chuckled and grinned at Tai.

y/n: Got it.

Qrow then stood up.

Qrow: Let's give Ruby some space. We don't want to overwhelm her when she wakes up.