Chapter One: Me and Haruhi

Kozumi's P.O.V.-

 I switch out the small fork I had been using, for a spatula, and began stirring the rest of the rice and spicy chicken around the sauce pan. I was currently cooking dinner for Ranka and Haruhi, seeing as it's the last day that of summer break, before I start high school with Haruhi at Ouran Academy.

 I never once thought that I would be going to such a rich, prestigious school like that. I've been home schooled most of my life, and now that I'm old enough, I have to go to a Private High School.

 I sighed, and turned the burner off, transferring the now finished and shaped rice balls, and chicken onto dinner plates. Who would've guessed, that this would be my life at 16. I remember how I always used to think that I would be happy, with my parents, and little brother, how I would think that he would still be teasing me because of my height, and laugh when he outgrew me. How I would go to the same highschool as all of my friends, and have sleepovers, and find a boyfriend, to be happy, and living my life as I always had.

 I couldn't have been more wrong. After things went to shit, and my family left me all alone, helpless, with no one to love, no money to survive off of. I had to live in a small box on the side of the street for the longest time, and walk around during the day to look for anyone who's willing to spare some money, in exchange for an extra pair of hands to help work.

 I shook my head, remembering how thinking about this always made me feel. This wasn't the time for that, I am supposed to enjoy an evening with those who are special to me.

 After setting the table, and putting a pitcher of water, and fruit juice in the center, I called to them.

"Guys, dinner's ready, hurry up and get over here!"

 Smiling, and shaking my head as I heard Haruhi running down the small hall, and Ranka tripping over his own feet in his rush out of his room, I sat myself down near the corner of the small table.

 Haruhi looked to me as she sat down next to me, smiling, and thanking me for the meal.

"Hey, are you excited to start tomorrow? I can't believe we're going to be in the same class!" She said, as we waited patiently for Ranka, who was taking his time on his way over.

 Did I mention that I was starting as a first year for a while, instead of a second year? This was just to see if I would be comfortable enough to move to the class I was supposed to be in, seeing as I haven't been to an actual school in several years.

"I don't know.... what if everyone laughs at me? Or what if they don't like me, or call me names?" I blabbed, nervously looking at the clock on the wall.

 7:27 P.M.(I know that clocks in Japan are different or something, but lets just pretend that they are in a.m. and p.m. okay?)

 Haruhi looked at me, "You don't have to worry about that, okay, Kozu-chan? You know that I'll stay right by your side, and if you ever need anyone, I'm there. I'll help you through it, and so will Ranka. We love you, you know? It doesn't matter whether we are blood or not." She smiled, and put her hand on my shoulder, to show that she cares.

 I cheered up, smiled, and started to talk with Ranka and Haruhi as we ate. My family, who will always take care of me, no matter what.

 This is my life now, and in my opinion, it's not all that bad.

(all scenes that may have come from the manga or anime do not belong to me, all rights go to Bisco Hatori, and Takuya Igarashi)