the final confrontation

We all go a little mad sometimes - Norman Bates

- Norman Bates

As Alice was helping Noelle clean up and look presentable to the larger society beyond the Forks' high school bathroom there was a slight altercation between three vampires in the woods behind school.

"Jasper."

The words fell on deaf ears. Jasper was in a zone. He was ever slowly dissociating to let his alter-ego take control. The Major has been dormant for far too long, allowing Edward to wreck havoc on their family with no care in the world.

But now?

Now Edward has explicitly gone and crossed Jasper's word. He had disregarded his brother bond for his own selfish gain. Edward had hurt Jasper and that was enough for the Major to arise from his slumber.

"Jasper."

There was no getting through to Jasper now. He was in mind palace communicating with the Major. Communicating with the one that has been responsible for protecting him to this point. Now it was time for the Major to step up and protect their little soul-sister at all costs.

"Emmet do something!"

"The guy is in a trance Rose! What do you want me to do? Slap him?"

"Well if you don't do something he is going to kill Bella and then Edward and anyone else that he fancies!"

Emmett's eyes began to glisten with sadistic thoughts about decapitating Edward. Emmet was not a murderous guy. He was a big softie. He did not look like it but he was the epitome of the phrase, looks like it could kill you but is a cinnamon roll. But, Edward crossed a line with Rosalie. Edward's has been walking on eggshells with most of the family. Edward was the sad guy, Emmett knew that. It is very rare for people to find their mates, him and Rosalie, Carlisle and Esme are the exception not the rule but for a vampire to stay a solitary creature is also quite dangerous. Even if they are not mates vampires do create bonds with one or another, just like Alice and Jasper or even familiar bonds. Edward had not created any. He was a lonely mountain and that had made him insufferable throughout the years.

"Emmet!"

"Come on babe, don't tell me you haven't thought about it."

"We can discuss our killer-crazy fantasy some other time, we need to get Jasper back!"

"Jasper is not coming back."

There was a shared look between the two mates. They turned their looks to their brother whose eyes had turned to a dark shade of onyx.

There was an eerie silence surrounding them. The atmosphere in the woods got dense within the second. The woodland creatures were stiff. Nothing was moving any longer and nothing was breathing.