cloud, cloud, cloud

For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds

For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds."
- Kamila Shamsie

I wish I was always this high up in the clouds, so far away from land.

The land always comes with responsibility and obligations but up in the sky along with the clouds there is nothing

There is nothing but peace and serenity where the voices of the angels drown out the fight in your head.

There is nothing but a calmness that washes you over like the waves of the blue, translucent water.

There is nothing but just clouds. No one; breathing or inanimate can judge you for minuscule faults and imperfections.

There is not-

"Good afternoon folks, we will be landing at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in 30 minutes. Your flight attendant...."

The voice of the pilot soon drowned out. The clouds are gone and reality is coming closer by the minute. Another 29 minutes to go before I have to go back to it.

"Thank you for flying United and we hope the flight was to your satisfaction."

No, it was not. I wish we were still flying. I wish this plane never landed and the concept of gas and air pollution was obsolete.

Alas, tis not and the world is still going under and the ice is melting. What joy!

——————————

"Hey Bells, um, you awake yet honey?"

Charlie asked his youngest while knocking on her door.

Isabella Swan, the epitome of the word clumsy, tried to get to her bedroom with as minimal bruises as humanely possible.

Before she could slip on the clothes that littered around her bed she made it to her bedroom door.

"Yeah, I'm awake, my alarm went off a couple of minutes ago, um, what's going on?"

"Bells, I am going to pick up Ella from the airport and was wondering if you changed your mind about coming?"

Bella looked her hands and back up again before replying, "I am good, thanks for asking I guess but no I didn't change my mind."

"Okay, then. Bells she is your sister and at some point, I really wish you two would get along."

"Yeah, maybe when she is in Forks I guess". What Bella really wanted to say was, when pigs fly, when pigs sprout wings and turn green that's when I will start talking to her. "You should get going, her flight lands in an hour I guess."

"Yeah, there are some leftovers in the fridge but I'll pick up dinner on the way too. If you are leaving, leave me a message on the fridge just in case."

He gave Bella a hug, kissed her on her forehead and left.

She didn't want to let Charlie go, she didn't want him to stop hugging her, she didn't want him to go pick up Ella.

In her frustration Bella shut her bedroom door close, and looked up to the vampire in her bed, staring at her so instantly she could feel it. She could feel his eyes on her body.

As she went to her bed, sitting down next to Edward. She could feel the looming and impeding question he was about to ask. Who is Ella? It was times like this she wished Edward could read her mind just so she wouldn't have to speak.

"Bella, who is Ella?" Edward asked her. His voice was so calm it could soothe all her problems in an instant.

"Um, she is my sister", she threw her arms up and around Edwards so she could be closer to him. She needed his touch, his icy ridges that surround it, and his non-existent breath on her nape.

"Bella, please?"

"She, um, okay, she is a monster"