"I usually don't. I only do it when I'm really stressed out or something like that. It's a bad habit I know but I couldn't get away from that since I was a teenager.", Emily sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't want to judge you. I was just surprised.", Rossi apologized.

"It's fine I would probably ask too if I saw you standing here.", Emily replied.

"Don't worry I only smoke cigars.", Rossi joked.

"I guess you wouldn't do that in front of a hospital right next to the parking lot.", Emily laughed.

"Well not the place I would prefer to enjoy it.", the Agent chuckled.

"Alright so what brings you here Dave?", Emily asked a bit more serious now.

"Ah you got me. So I thought maybe you could use someone to talk.", Rossi replied honest.

"About what?"

"About what all of this means for you and Aaron."

"Shall I be honest?"

"Please."

"Okay that could sound harsh but I think what Aaron said on the phone was kinda like a break up. I mean he said he loved me while Hayley was listening.", Prentiss sighed.

"Yeah you're probably right, but just because he broke up with Hayley doesn't mean that you two want a relationship. I mean he seems to want that but what about you?", Rossi wanted to know.

"To be honest, I don't know.. I mean yeah I love him but I mostly love the memory of him. Of course I got to know him a bit the last months but a lot of this time we ignored each other so I am not sure if I even know who he is now. And I don't know if it is a good idea to start a relationship when I can't tell you what a person he is.", Emily admitted.

"That's exactly what I was thinking.", Rossi smiled.

"And also it's kinda unfair to Hayley. I mean she got kidnapped because Foyet wanted to hurt Hotch and then he leaves her? Sounds really mean to me... She just lost a baby and even if Aaron wants to leave her and now has nothing that is holding him back from that I think that he should be there for her the next few weeks.", the brunette explained what she was thinking.

"I think you should tell him this exactly like that.", Rossi told her.

"But what if he gets mad?", Prentiss asked worried.

"Why should he?"

"He leaves his fiance for me and then I tell him I don't want a relationship right now? Sounds like a reason to get mad."

"He shouldn't leave Hayley for you, he should leave her for his own happiness."

"That's what I was telling him the whole time but he didn't seem to understand that.", Emily sighed.

"Just talk to him, I am sure he will understand it this time.", Rossi tried to reassure her. Emily gave her coworker a light smile, then put her cigarette out and threw it into a trash bin and then the two went to grab some coffee for everyone on the team.

When they got back to waiting room they gave everyone their coffee and then sat back down. They all chatted a bit until Hotch and Garcia came finally back.

"How is she Hotch?", JJ wanted to know immediately.

"She feels okay, I mean she is getting a lot of pain medication so that's probably the reason for that.", Hotch explained. "Emily she wants to see you.", he said worried.

"Me?", Emily asked confused.

"Yeah. But if you don't want to go I can go back and tell her you're not feeling well.", Hotch offered.

"No it's fine, I'll go. That's the least I can do.", Emily replied and stood up. "What's her room number again?", she asked.

"289.", Garcia answered her question so Emily went there.

When the brunette stood in front of the door that Hayley was behind she hesitated for a moment but then knocked on the door. After a quick 'come in' she opened it slowly.

"Hey Hotch told me you wanted to see me.", Emily said carefully after closing the door.

"Yeah, take a seat.", Hayley offered friendly. Emily sat down on the chair next to Hayleys bed and asked: "How are you?"

"I can't complain, I mean I am alive. Thank you for that by the way.", she joked.

"You don't need to thank me for that. That was the least I could do.", Emily replied. "But may I ask why you wanted to speak to me.", she asked worried.

"I wanted to thank you, without you I wouldn't be here right now, and also I wanted to ask you something.", the blonde answered her question.

"What is it what you want to ask me?", Prentiss wanted to know.

"Before I ask you, please promise me that you will answer honest."

"Yes of course I will do that.",

"Alright... Do you love Aaron?"

"Uhm wow that's not exactly what I expected."

"Just tell me the truth, that's all I want to know.", Hayley said friendly.

"Uhm yeah I guess I do. But I am scared that I only love the old Aaron from my memories.", Emily admitted.

"Don't worry about that. You'll love the new Aaron too if you don't do that already. I think you two fit very well.", she smiled.

"Wait what do you mean?", Prentiss asked a little bit shocked.

"Come on Emily, since you joined the team I felt that something was up but I didn't want to believe it. But don't think it was your fault. Something had changed between me and Aaron long before you joined the team, you were only the reason why he finally admitted it. I know that he only stayed because of the pregnancy and now that this isn't a problem anymore he is free to go.", Hayley said smiling but when she mentioned the pregnancy a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Hayley I am so so sorry for your loss. If I could go back and make him point the gun at me, I swear to god I would.", the brunette told her desperate.

"It's fine Emily. Now Aaron is free to go, I just wanted to make sure that you love him how he deserves to be loved. And I think you two are the perfect match. Of course it would have been nice if it had worked out between me and him but I know you'll make him happier.", Hayley said confident.

"Thank you Hayley. Really, you don't know how much that means to me. All that time I didn't want him to hurt you because of me. It means a lot to me that you give us your blessings. I would have understood if you made me come here to scream at me and punch me in the face to show me how angry you are but instead you tell me that we are the perfect match.", Emily couldn't believe her.

"Just promise me to make him laugh more often.", Hayley replied.

"I promise.", Emily said smiling.

--------------------------

A/N: Looks like we are finally getting somewhere...😏 I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know in the comments what you think about or if you have any thoughts on what could happen next :)

Btw it's September 1st so ITS FINALLY FALL (I know officially it starts later in September but I don't care lmao). I just decorated my room and I'm going to make cinnamon rolls later and watch Harry Potter the whole day. I just need to know, am I the only one that watches Harry Potter religiously on September 1st??