My face dropped, sausage rolls were my favourite treat! The only thing the bakery made with reminded me of home! I couldn't loss them. I snatched the phone out of Stevies hand and pouted, "That's mean."

"Giving me the silent treatment is mean. What's going on baby? Stevie says you've not been yourself."

I glared off to the side. "What do you care."

"You aren't still mad I've gone away are you? Ant you know why I've had to."

"You said you'd be gone for 2 weeks. It's almost been 4 now."

"I know and I'm sorry but it's taken a little longer to complete this project than I thought, I'll try and be back as soon as I can though."

I had nothing to say to that, I didn't believe him, I pushed my toes into the carpet aggressively.

"Can you please just talk to me Anth? Tell me what's wrong?"

"I don't wanna." I mumbled, feeling like a child but every-time i thought about opening up it was like my chest zipped up suddenly, hiding the explanation even from me.

"Don't be like that Ant. You can talk to me."

I wanted to talk to him so badly, wanted to feel safe the way I didn't when he'd cuddle with me, but he wasn't even there, "Over the phone?" I criticised. "Look I'm Fine, I'll see youse when I get back."

"An—"

I hung up on him, something I was definitely not allowed to do but did anyway and chucked the phone immediately across the room. Wanting to be done with that whole situation because being mean to him weighed heavily on my shoulders with the guilt it caused.

I crawled under the sheets instantly, grabbing Dec's pillow and curling my body tight around it with a vulnerable sniff. I heard the door click open and knew it was Stephen coming to check up on me.

"What did Dec say?"

"Nothin'."

I heard him pick up his phone off the floor.

"You need to brush your teeth."

"Just go away Stevie." I mumbled, too tired to even properly argue with him.

Taking the hint, the other slave left and once the door was closed, i felt moisture prickle the corners of my eyes. I thought of my Mams face again,tried to imagine her arms around me and when that memory appeared too distant to cling to, I imagined Dec's in their place.

»»»»»»»»»»

For the first time in a month, I slept all through the night, the first time I woke up was when the sun came up. I felt the warmth of it gently glow over my sleeping features from the curtains I'd forgotten to close last night. I hummed in content at the feeling of being well rested and purred when the fingers in my hair moved to stretch gently behind my ears.

My eyes opened suddenly, only just realising why I'd felt so relaxed all night and comfortable enough to sleep. I turned immediately, jumping into Dec's arms and tackling him down into the messy sheets.

The Brown haired man laughed as he caught me and squeezed me tight, swaying us gently as I stole every bit of comfort from him I'd been missing this past month.

"Awe that's a nice welcome." He grinned, kissing my hair and wrapping his legs around my waist to connect us even more through the hug.